2009 Reverse not working

Jul 25, 2010
Hardin Ill
I have a 2009 triglide that has a reverse that has stopped working, after shifting into neutral I push the reverse button and the light comes on, but nothing happens when push the down arrow. Any ideas? Thks, Chuck

I have a 2009 triglide that has a reverse that has stopped working, after shifting into neutral I push the reverse button and the light comes on, but nothing happens when push the down arrow. Any ideas? Thks, Chuck
Did you check the circuit breaker under the I think the right side cover?

There is a reset button to press if it was tripped. Like a circuit breaker.

Thks trikermutha, I just looked under the right side and didn't see anything that looked like a breaker. I then looked behind the left side and found a fuse box, but it didn't list anything indecating reverse. Thks.

You know I think you are correct!!! I looks like a square device with wires on both sides on it and has a arm with a push button reset on it..

It looks something like my picture..but not the actual part..just a example :D

Thks Butch, I think I found it. It is a little red button behind the pass. handles. I push it down and I could it clicking when I pushed the down arrow, but it still wouldn't back up. I guess the motor is shot, it's been moving slower the last few times I had it out. Thks, Chuck

Thks Butch, I think I found it. It is a little red button behind the pass. handles. I push it down and I could it clicking when I pushed the down arrow, but it still wouldn't back up. I guess the motor is shot, it's been moving slower the last few times I had it out. Thks, Chuck

OK!! Did you noticed the red flag popping out when you pushed the red button? Did you push that flag back in (that resets the circuit breaker) it should be in the tucked position. The picture that Trikermutha has shows the red flag just below the red button in the proper position.
Butch

I did find the breaker with a red button on the top. It has a little black arm that was angled off to the side that has reset written on the top and I pushed it back in, but still no reverse. Thks

I have an 09 and had a problem with no reverse. Reverse would reset, but wouldn't back up. You would still get the reverse light, but no go. Wasn't the motor it was the breaker itself. Replaced breaker and yes it is under the seat towards the rear of the trike.
Had this problem when I first got the trike. Been through Hardin ridin the river road. Not far from you on the east side of the state on Rt. 50 140 miles from St.Louis , 9 miles from Vincenness, In.

there were many bad reverse components in 2009.motors ,switches,etc.they were poorly built.good luck the repairs could be expensive. the 2009 had lots of issues,radios,starters, brake components,starters,switches,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png