Brake pads on Motor trike

White Knight 04

TOI - Pennsylvania
Sep 29, 2010
Rockland Pa. USA
Does any one here know what brake pads are used on the motor trike Gladiator trike kit ??? My brakes have been less than desirable sense i had my trike built in 2011 and think there braking system on the trike kit are just plain crap !!!! Hoping there is a after market brake pad that will improve on there crappy pads !!!

I can't answer this, but I know there have been boat loads of discussions on trike braking systems on here, maybe try a search, may not be anything directly on point, but worth a shot.

What does Motortrike use for rear brake system parts? Could it be just a failing master cylinder?
Maybe Lee Mann or Bazooka will jump in here and offer their opinion.

I have Motortrike Trog kit,with drum shoes. I don't know what MT uses for pads.

But my question is, has the system been bleed to ensure there isn't any air in it? Also if possible check the brake lines to make sure there is not a kink or hard bend restricting the fluid in the lines.

I would not be surprised if the same type of pads and disks used on the Gladiator kit is the same as what is installed on a Goldwing

Does any one here know what brake pads are used on the motor trike Gladiator trike kit ??? My brakes have been less than desirable sense i had my trike built in 2011 and think there braking system on the trike kit are just plain crap !!!! Hoping there is a after market brake pad that will improve on there crappy pads !!!

I have replaced pads on Motor Trikes before and this is what I used. EBC FA115 (4-sets)

Attachments

• EBC FA115.JPG
    EBC FA115.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 258
I have Motortrike Trog kit,with drum shoes. I don't know what MT uses for pads.

But my question is, has the system been bleed to ensure there isn't any air in it? Also if possible check the brake lines to make sure there is not a kink or hard bend restricting the fluid in the lines.

I would not be surprised if the same type of pads and disks used on the Gladiator kit is the same as what is installed on a Goldwing

I have been a mechanic for about 20 years and have done every thing i could to rectify this problem with the exception of replacing the pads !! That is why I asked the brake pad question they are just not up to snuff !!! I really think i got a bad set of pads IE. to hard and wont do the job !!! I ask motor trike about this and they told me they used there own... I love the trike but am very disappointed in the rear brakes !!!

I have been a mechanic for about 20 years and have done every thing i could to rectify this problem with the exception of replacing the pads !! That is why I asked the brake pad question they are just not up to snuff !!! I really think i got a bad set of pads IE. to hard and wont do the job !!! I ask motor trike about this and they told me they used there own... I love the trike but am very disappointed in the rear brakes !!!

You got my brain thinking (which is NEVER good for anyone!).. I called Motor Trike and talked to a guy, told him I was shopping for trikes and I've heard complaints about their brake pads and people can't find them (figured it'd be a good way to get some information as a "potential customer"). He said the brake pads on our later kits with independant suspension are a regular automotive brake pad. I asked for the part number and was given a ZX881 & told it's a Wagner part and the parts stores could cross it over to another brand if need be. Did a little online search and it looks like a good part number.

Here is a question I have myself though about your brakes - Have you checked to see if the calipers are sliding back and forth on the slide pins without too much effort? I have a side by side that's seen it's fair share of mud/water.. I had REALLY crappy brakes on it and spent a ton of time trying to find the problem.. Buddy came over and found it in no time.. My slide pins had dried out and rusted up. It was keeping the calipers from moving like they needed to and was only applying the brakes on one pad instead of pushing both against my rotor. Granted mine were bad enough they had to be replaced, but he said usually you can remove them, clean em up, & grease them up and solve the problem.. Figure it may be worth mentioning?

You got my brain thinking (which is NEVER good for anyone!).. I called Motor Trike and talked to a guy, told him I was shopping for trikes and I've heard complaints about their brake pads and people can't find them (figured it'd be a good way to get some information as a "potential customer"). He said the brake pads on our later kits with independant suspension are a regular automotive brake pad. I asked for the part number and was given a ZX881 & told it's a Wagner part and the parts stores could cross it over to another brand if need be. Did a little online search and it looks like a good part number.

Here is a question I have myself though about your brakes - Have you checked to see if the calipers are sliding back and forth on the slide pins without too much effort? I have a side by side that's seen it's fair share of mud/water.. I had REALLY crappy brakes on it and spent a ton of time trying to find the problem.. Buddy came over and found it in no time.. My slide pins had dried out and rusted up. It was keeping the calipers from moving like they needed to and was only applying the brakes on one pad instead of pushing both against my rotor. Granted mine were bad enough they had to be replaced, but he said usually you can remove them, clean em up, & grease them up and solve the problem.. Figure it may be worth mentioning?

Have checked most of everything I could think of but fully intend to go over it with a fine tooth comb once again and thanks for the suggestions !!! And by the way you did much better with Motor Trike than I did !!!

Have checked most of everything I could think of but fully intend to go over it with a fine tooth comb once again and thanks for the suggestions !!! And by the way you did much better with Motor Trike than I did !!!

Jer,did you get the PM I sent you?

I don't know what Motor Trike's problem is but they sure don't want to tell a customer anything---just take it back to the dealer. Well, my dealer is 80 miles away and I'd prefer to do the work myself anyway. When we look for a new trike it will be a Harley trike since there will at least be a parts book and service manual available for them.

They are Volkswagon pads. Replace with EBC. Motortrike is just like Champion. They love the word Propriatery. ​That's why my next bike will be a Roadsmith. They tell you what the parts are and where to get them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png