Road Star Trike Front Tire

dbruce56

Nov 29, 2014
Salem, Al
Not quite there yet but, probably by the end of this riding season I will be needing a new front tire. Was wondering which tire the Road Star trikers are using. Right now have a Dunlop on it of unknown mileage.
On another note. Which seat are you using? Thinking seriously of replacing the stock seat.

Not quite there yet but, probably by the end of this riding season I will be needing a new front tire. Was wondering which tire the Road Star trikers are using. Right now have a Dunlop on it of unknown mileage.
On another note. Which seat are you using? Thinking seriously of replacing the stock seat.
I have 15k on a bridgestone battleax rear tire mounted in reverse on the front. Shows no wear from the rough texas roads. A friend got only 8k from the harley tire on his triglide on the same roads.

I have a CSC triked StratoLiner and I am preparing to replace my front tire again (20K miles on the conversion). Only got 9K out of my first Bridgestone BattleAx, now on my second one and only have 8K on this one. Both tires had plenty of tread depth left, but they were cupping very bad and the tread was taring between tread bands and didn't want to chance a blowout on the highway! Seams I am having the luck of the TriGlide rider mentioned above with a BattleAx. Bottom line, I am not putting another BattleAx on this time, going to try the new Avon Trike front tire, IF I can find one here locally. Good luck on your choice, hopefully others will post up with their experience (I have heard that the Mich. Pilot is good and the Metz 888 is good). As you may know, most everyone runs a rear tire (sized correctly for the front), mounted on the front in a reverse direction and tire pressure at 40/41. I have seen the explanation of the reverse reasoning, but not sure I believe it makes a difference (although I did as everyone else does and mounted it in reverse direction). Good luck and safe riding!

I have a CSC triked StratoLiner and I am preparing to replace my front tire again (20K miles on the conversion). Only got 9K out of my first Bridgestone BattleAx, now on my second one and only have 8K on this one. Both tires had plenty of tread depth left, but they were cupping very bad and the tread was taring between tread bands and didn't want to chance a blowout on the highway! Seams I am having the luck of the TriGlide rider mentioned above with a BattleAx. Bottom line, I am not putting another BattleAx on this time, going to try the new Avon Trike front tire, IF I can find one here locally. Good luck on your choice, hopefully others will post up with their experience (I have heard that the Mich. Pilot is good and the Metz 888 is good). As you may know, most everyone runs a rear tire (sized correctly for the front), mounted on the front in a reverse direction and tire pressure at 40/41. I have seen the explanation of the reverse reasoning, but not sure I believe it makes a difference (although I did as everyone else does and mounted it in reverse direction). Good luck and safe riding!

Texas back roads are tuff on tires, more stone than tar. Half of my miles are on Michigan potholes. As a 2 wheeler, I got 10K on Pirellis.
Cupping is usually caused by bearings, suspension or imbalance. I'm using RideOn to balance my tires. No cupping!

Well, to update this thread,,,After a bit of thought and review reading, I decided to go with the Avon AV71 trike tire. Right now the tire is awaiting tomorrow when I swap out the old, worn out Dunlop for the Avon.

tire

I have a Metzler front tire. My first 2 were the Dunlop that came with the bike.I find that not so much milage on the tire as much as when it starts cupping due to us only riding on the middle of the tire. I also have a Corbin Dual tour seat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png