Tri Glide side fender lights ??

PTR

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their rear fender side reflectors with lights. I want to try doing this but would like to see what others may have done. I found a LED marker light that would fit well and have also found a way to have them flash with the turn signals but before spending the time and drilling holes in my fenders I would like to hear some feedback from others that may have tried or want to do the same. I think it would look good and also have a safety factor.

Attachments

• trike marker.jpg
    trike marker.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 344
I can't find it ... but there was a thread about doing just that awhile back ... the OP did a nice job and it looked great. Maybe the OP will point us to it. It was a good write up with picks and "how to".

Not the thread I was referring to, but, truly a good one ... the one I was referring to had a write up about the whole install, including wiring and especially about routing the wires, my biggest concern was how to ensure the wires never came "loose" and got into the wheels. I did find some flat is wire rap that I thought might be good protection, just never figured out how to "attach" it inside the fenders. This is gonna take some abuse. Rain, snow, dirt, rocks, etc are gonna be inside the fenders with the wires, and it's a long run of wire ... I considered doing it, but somehow I got distracted and forgot about it :blush:. I hope someone finds it ... or maybe the OP will post details when they do theirs .. :D

Not the thread I was referring to, but, truly a good one ... the one I was referring to had a write up about the whole install, including wiring and especially about routing the wires, my biggest concern was how to ensure the wires never came "loose" and got into the wheels. I did find some flat is wire rap that I thought might be good protection, just never figured out how to "attach" it inside the fenders. This is gonna take some abuse. Rain, snow, dirt, rocks, etc are gonna be inside the fenders with the wires, and it's a long run of wire ... I considered doing it, but somehow I got distracted and forgot about it :blush:. I hope someone finds it ... or maybe the OP will post details when they do theirs .. :D

You would think that 3M would have a option for holding the wiring. I have not looked into the amount of room in the wheel well for the wiring but I will this weekend. With the lights being LED's the wiring could be very small. It's time to turn on the thinking cap and get it warmed up.

Do you have the ebay link? I searched there but did not see the ones you have..

For securing the wire, have you considered some silicone? Would hold up to the weather. Just a spot or three along the run. Clean the underside of the fender and just embed the wire in it.

Thanks, will have to keep searching, would like one that is running lite + turn,

There is a small module that will allow it to blink with the turns, I will post a picture later of it. It would actually go off when the turn is on and on when the turn is off. like the old GM front side markers.

I pulled the trigger on a set ... I'll figure the wiring out later ... :blush:

I am taking the day to clean up the garage. I bought a new toolbox for the shop so I brought my old one home to give me more room. tomorrow I have to put Spectra Glo lights on my wifes trike. She wants to light up the engine pink. that should go quick so I may get to the fender lights after that. I am thinking about painting the stainless part of the light the color of the fender so they blend in better.

This is a set of two blinkers. should be able to hide them by the tail light

Let us know how this works out. I read the part about "might" need an equalizer to work. I can't do anything yet anyway as the new ride is still at Dealer until roads clear. Thanks

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png