Steering dampers

Not avialible

Damper from bk rider is not avialible and they dont know if they will get it back in stock. problem with supplier communication they said.

There are two schools of thought for the relevance of the shield (deflector).

One is that it keeps the engine cooler ???

Two is that it re-directs turbulent air away from the rider ???:Shrug:

Many have been removed and never re-installed.:Shrug:

Not avialible

There are two schools of thought for the relevance of the shield (deflector).

One is that it keeps the engine cooler ???

Two is that it re-directs turbulent air away from the rider ???:Shrug:

Many have been removed and never re-installed.:Shrug:

Now I notice the one from BK biker is not available and it did look like it would fit any hints and universal ones along with brackets

do you have a low speed wobble around 30mph?

didnt see it any of the comments.. may have missed it

just making a guess here ...

do you still have the stock triple tree?

is so get a set off raked trees

i should away with most of the wobble and you will think you added power steering

Little bit of wobble

do you have a low speed wobble around 30mph?

didnt see it any of the comments.. may have missed it

just making a guess here ...

do you still have the stock triple tree?

is so get a set off raked trees

i should away with most of the wobble and you will think you added power steering

Yes slightly new rear tires helped out a lot. Also set the tour pack back as far as it could go. Puts the passenger back further and puts my weight back a little bit further as well that helped out a lot . Got a new trach specific Avon front tire coming hopefully that will make it even better yet. But yes about 30 miles an hour when I’m just moving along if I accelerate no problem just usually when slowing down or just cruising about 30 miles an hour what would pressure would you recommend running the new Avon tire Would lower pressure be better for wobble or higher pressure

Also don’t wanna spend the money on the triple tree trying to keep it as economical as possible

ah understand

that wobble at about 30 seems to be the nature of some beasts... with 3 wheels rather trike or sidecar... no explanation why that is....

i dont believe the rear psi will make much difference...at least not on any that ive build

a little lower in the front might... but if i remember .. low enough to help.. the tire is way lo an would over heat..the front

i have had one sidecar and one trike i couldnt get rid of the wobble no matter what i did .. and gave up... got the best of me (i hate that)

this is what i used...

https://www.jbugs.com

seach pn 113425021 or 113425021J

there are several version i find these work well

certainly more place even an auto supply would have them i ask for one for a super beetle 71-74 i just did a google searh to find u a photo

you need a heim joint 3/8 i think for one end

it should be as close to 90 degrees from the stem so it doent wear out the rubber bushing..

and it can be quit a pain to get it in the right spot so you are using the full travel of the damper

this was the side care obviously not a sliding front end but still a pain to get in the right place

if you can afford it at some point go with the trees you will wish u did it sooner... steering is so easy

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 110
ah understand

that wobble at about 30 seems to be the nature of some beasts... with 3 wheels rather trike or sidecar... no explanation why that is....

i dont believe the rear psi will make much difference...at least not on any that ive build

a little lower in the front might... but if i remember .. low enough to help.. the tire is way lo an would over heat..the front

i have had one sidecar and one trike i couldnt get rid of the wobble no matter what i did .. and gave up... got the best of me (i hate that)

this is what i used...

certainly more place even an auto supply would have them i ask for one for a super beetle 71-74 i just did a google searh to find u a photo

it should be as close to 90 degrees from the stem so it doent wear out the rubber bushing..

and it can be quit a pain to get it in the right spot so you are using the full travel of the damper

this was the side care obviously not a sliding front end but still a pain to get in the right place

if you can afford it at some point go with the trees you will wish u did it sooner... steering is so easy

Yes I looked into a triple tree in the past and thought about doing it, but then I read that you have to change the ignition switch? Because it might interfere with the tank. So I have made a big improvement over when I got it getting the new trike tire mounted Wednesday and it’s in the Avon trike specific tire hoping that will help. I did play around with air in the back tires. The tires it came with were 235 wide put 215‘s on their road a lot better steer it a lot easier. But I notice if I play with the front fork pressure rear airbag pressure rear tire pressure and front tire pressure changes the speed at which the wobbling starts. I didn’t know if there was an ideal setting for each? But I currently am running 24 in the rear tires 42 in the front tire which is a front motorcycle tire, 10 pounds in the front forks and between 50 and 70 pounds in the rear as I am fairly Large About 450 pounds combined weight thanks for your help

Yes I looked into a triple tree in the past and thought about doing it, but then I read that you have to change the ignition switch? Because it might interfere with the tank. So I have made a big improvement over when I got it getting the new trike tire mounted Wednesday and it’s in the Avon trike specific tire hoping that will help. I did play around with air in the back tires. The tires it came with were 235 wide put 215‘s on their road a lot better steer it a lot easier. But I notice if I play with the front fork pressure rear airbag pressure rear tire pressure and front tire pressure changes the speed at which the wobbling starts. I didn’t know if there was an ideal setting for each? But I currently am running 24 in the rear tires 42 in the front tire which is a front motorcycle tire, 10 pounds in the front forks and between 50 and 70 pounds in the rear as I am fairly Large About 450 pounds combined weight thanks for your help

id keep experimenting.. can always go back

interesting to see how that trike specific tire works

might look into other brand of trees seems there should be some made without moding the switch

papa zook could probably help you

wobble cured

ah understand

this is what i used...

New Avon Bias Ply Trike Tire did the trick. I can now take my hand off the bars at any speed and no death wobble

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png