location of your CD changer?

Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
anyone with a RSV/Hannigan conversion, if you had the 6 disc changer, where was it relocated to during the build?

I just found out, mine is in a box with someplace, possibly with my license plate and frame.

your disc player was in the trunk, and it has to be moved? I took mine out and got a mp3 player and plug it into the axn plug next to cassange player, more tunes this way.

I took my CD player off the bike a few years ago and moved all my music to an I-Pod. Plug it in the aux port next to the tape player. It's smaller, holds more music and no skipping. When it was in the saddle bag, it always had stuff packed on top of it blocking access. I didn't care for that
I know this doesn't answer your question but it's what worked for me.

your disc player was in the trunk, and it has to be moved? I took mine out and got a mp3 player and plug it into the axn plug next to cassange player, more tunes this way.

On my Venture the cd player was in the left saddle bag. Sunday I asked if it was relocated to the upper or lower trunk? I was told that "he thought he had seen it in a box".

The CD changer is part of the Clarion sound system that comes with the Venture. My understanding is any components other then Clarion will not work or cause other parts of the system to no work IE. cb, radio, cassette etc.

I will go on the Venture Riders site to get more info.

I just know I want the cd player working while driving thru the North Woods of Maine and Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

I took my CD player off the bike a few years ago and moved all my music to an I-Pod.

Plug it in the aux port next to the tape player. It's smaller, holds more music and no skipping. When it was in the saddle bag, it always had stuff packed on top of it blocking access.

I didn't care for that

I know this doesn't answer your question but it's what worked for me.

That could be an option. IT does take up way too much space. Still can't believe they still put cassette players on the Venture. They could remove that and make a compartment for a satellite radio or storage for the MP3 players.

Thanks for the input

It will take a while to fine tune to my liking but eventually it will be right.... well, until I decide to change it.

When my old BMW LT was Hannigan converted, the option was to locate the CD changer in the tour pack or get wired for an mp3 player. I like the mp3 because it will hold far more than the old 6 disc CD player.

Never looked back.

When my old BMW LT was Hannigan converted, the option was to locate the CD changer in the tour pack or get wired for an mp3 player.

Same on Ventures from what I hear and see.
You will need to get an "Extension Jumper" Cable from a Yamaha Dealer in order to relocate as the Standard Cable is not sufficient length.
Sure Doug won't have an issue providing one for you all things considered ;)

The CD changer is part of the Clarion sound system that comes with the Venture. My understanding is any components other then Clarion will not work or cause other parts of the system to no work IE. cb, radio, cassette etc.

Everything still works as before. You cant controll anything but the volume of the MP3 player from the controlls on the handle bars but nothing else is affected.

You have to open the door to the tape player to access the aux port and that creates a place to set the player where you can see all of it's controles. I hold mine inplace with a small piece of sticky back velcro.

Everything still works as before. You cant controll anything but the volume of the MP3 player from the controlls on the handle bars but nothing else is affected.

You have to open the door to the tape player to access the aux port and that creates a place to set the player where you can see all of it's controles. I hold mine inplace with a small piece of sticky back velcro.

I have an old IPod Video, 60GB. lost 25,000 songs off it about a month ago when my computer crashed and wiped it out.

Was looking online yesterday for something newer. Read that MP3s are going away since most folks are using their phones now for music.

I think my GPS has a SD card which I can load music onto. Will double check that today.

Anyone have Extra power ports in the trunk for charging electronics while traveling?

Being the cheapskate my wife turned me into, no fancy stero system here. With recommendations from friends here I use a Shark Audio 250w system. Everything mounts to the bars. Has radio, usb port, SD card slot & aux input. Good sound to about 70. Should be better once I get a fairing. Also, one of the PO's put an aux power outlet under the seat. will probably remove this one and put one in a better location in the future.

Was looking online yesterday for something newer. Read that MP3s are going away since most folks are using their phones now for music.....

Phones? I'm pretty sure that my old rotary dial and newer touch tone phones don't store songs. Even if they did I don't have cords long enough for even my shortest rides. :laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png