I ordered a Kuryakyn Speedometer Visor for my 17 FW...Don't do it, It won't fit!

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
I ordered a Kuryakyn Speedometer Visor for my 17 FW...Don't do it, It won't fit!

I really wanted a speedo visor for my FW. A local dealer told me the Kuryakyn would fit, but it don't.

I followed up by sending Kuryakyn's sales staff an E-mail & they promptly responded stating they don't make a speedo visor for our Freewheeler.

Don't try this at home kids. I will be returning it tomorrow. Now, I have to find another way to blow $31:)

Last edited:
The 1 from Harley does not fit proper either

I glued mine on

I was supposed to put this 1 on with silicon adhesive also.

I applied it to the inside of the visor per the directions & it didn't contact anything on the speedo to adhere to it.

I did not know HD made one? This was the only one the parts guy could find.

Gotta love the MoCo Engineers and their love of changing things for the FW vs ALL OTHER MODELS....

Remember when everything (for the most part) on big twins was interchangeable (Should be a thread in its own right) FROM 1936 TO 19 Eighty Freakin Four!!!!!

3205_A__30041.1427387263.451.451.jpg

Sorry folks.... I am customizing mine and it just should not be as hard as it is........

I was supposed to put this 1 on with silicon adhesive also.

I applied it to the inside of the visor per the directions & it didn't contact anything on the speedo to adhere to it.

I did not know HD made one? This was the only one the parts guy could find.

The HD 1 is a cheesie design

I took it off my 15 Freewheeler, But the double back tape did not hold it on the M8 so I used some 3M trim cement:p

Reactions: MDO
THREAD HIJACK WARNING....

Gotta love the MoCo Engineers and their love of changing things for the FW vs ALL OTHER MODELS....

Remember when everything (for the most part) on big twins was interchangeable (Should be a thread in its own right) FROM 1936 TO 19 Eighty Freakin Four!!!!!

View attachment 61131

Sorry folks.... I am customizing mine and it just should not be as hard as it is........

Its not in HD's thought process any longer to have parts interchangeability for any length of time, as the Japanese makers change design and engineering on their models every 2-3 years.

This mentality is actually quite smart for their bottom lines, as folks get to thinking their bike is getting "old" after a few short years and therefore they've gotta go back and buy their latest & greatest offering.

Harley is simply following industry trends.

What scares me about buying anything new is the complex, (for my antiquated brain), electronics and computer controlled functions that used to be simple and relatively easy to work on at home.

Not so any longer, like it or not.

What happens to a guy or gal that buys a brand new Triglide or freewheeler today & 7 years down the road some electronic widget fails & the dealer no longer has the spare parts? Most likely he/she will fold & buy another new one, thus keeping the factory pumping out new models.

It's in their long term best interest to survive as a motorcycle manufacturer...

Buy the way, I spent my gift card money from the visor return on 2 quarts of HD Formula + and a quart of S100 motorcycle cleaner.

I know these will fit my trike!;)

Buy the way, I spent my gift card money from the visor return on 2 quarts of HD Formula + and a quart of S100 motorcycle cleaner.

I know these will fit my trike!;)

Good Deal, Now you can start a How to clean my trike thread:p

I have found NO good way of keeping mine clean here in Fl

I am 28 miles inland from the ocean and I can feel the sand in my face most every day

Reactions: MDO
Sun glare on fw tank gage

I'm going to try tipping my tank up with front tank extensions. Should stop the glare and help with air flow across top of engine. Ride safe,rubber down

JAYDEEIN

I'm going to try tipping my tank up with front tank extensions. Should stop the glare and help with air flow across top of engine. Ride safe,rubber down

JAYDEEIN

I would not think that would work with the angle of the sun constantly changing.

I ordered the 1.5" deluxe tank lift from our sponsor, DK Custom Products & it worked great for cooling the M8, with about a 15 degree temp drop checked with 1 of those infrared thermal temp. things you point & shoot & it also shows the motor off. I highly recommend it.

2017 FW tank lift.jpg

You can also see in the pic my HD Sundowner Tallboy seat, Ciro adjustable highway pegs, the Kuryakyn extended brake pedal & my Avon grips(the best I have ever used). Behind the rear cylinder is the HD Coolflow fan to keep my right ankle from burning due to cat. heat.
If you look very close in front of the tank, below the bars, you can see the 3-way toggle switch to control the fan. It displays on the digital readout on the speedo fan auto, on or off. A very clean install by Doc's HD in STL.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png