Gotta Love Bling

Noodles107

250+ Posts
Dec 8, 2022
Myrtle Beach SC USA
Good morning ...

Hope this beautiful day finds you all well. In my always enjoyable quest to add very cool stuff to my "new to me" Trike ... I just ordered these Chrome Grip End Caps and Trim Rings for my Black ISO Grips. They should look really slick. I also ordered this M8 Engine Bolt Chrome Topper Kit (which I have done on previous rides) and really cleans up the engine look for a minimal investment. If what I'm after doesn't come from the HD shop, Kuryakyn (which HD also carries) has always been a good fit for me ...

Imports - 1 of 3.jpeg Imports - 3 of 3.jpeg Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 12.36.29 PM.jpg

Good morning ...

Hope this beautiful day finds you all well. In my always enjoyable quest to add very cool stuff to my "new to me" Trike ... I just ordered these Chrome Grip End Caps and Trim Rings for my Black ISO Grips. They should look really slick. I also ordered this M8 Engine Bolt Chrome Topper Kit (which I have done on previous rides) and really cleans up the engine look for a minimal investment. If what I'm after doesn't come from the HD shop, Kuryakyn (which HD also carries) has always been a good fit for me ...

I really like detail touches like that. I liked the way my Free came from the factory or I wouldn't have bought it, BUT there's always some little extra that makes it better. :D

Good morning ...

View attachment 111968

Do you use any adhesive to keep the toppers from coming off? Been debating getting this set for my Tri Glide…

Do you use any adhesive to keep the toppers from coming off? Been debating getting this set for my Tri Glide…

So my buddy has a beautiful FatBoy and this kit installed by just pressing the caps on and he has never lost one ... for me, I will put a little dab of silicone into each one before snapping them on. I liked that the entire kit is marked for which toppers go where, adds a really clean look and is inexpensive enough to add the dab of adhesive ... if you have to get to any of the bolts after adhesive, you will break them trying to remove them. Kuryakyn makes "Mini Sets" of each size incase you do

Good morning ...

View attachment 111965 View attachment 111966 View attachment 111967 View attachment 111968

So some cool stuff came today … put on the Trim Rings and End Caps. Think the chrome is a great accent to the ends of the Black ISO Grips.

58182DE3-46B0-49C0-ACCB-F1C168ECED09.jpeg8B3C9800-9981-4BAF-A108-B6779A8D1B58.jpegF4C91231-2BAF-4AAF-B6DC-071782A2718D.jpeg52DFE77A-29E9-41C7-8328-3686C520C2C1.jpg

Kuryakyn Kool Kaps Engine Bolt Head Covers/Topper Caps Milwaukee 8 Complete Set ...

This was fun and entertaining. I thought that I was done several times and kept finding more bolts to Kap. Adds a classy touch to the engine without being overwhelming or gaudy. You do have to use a dab of silicone on the inside of each Kap but all in all a super easy upgrade.

Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 12.36.29 PM.jpg Imports - 3 of 4.jpg Imports - 4 of 4.jpg Imports - 2 of 4.jpg

I had one of the stock ones break on my 17, it is a bad design. The threads are shot peened to the head, being aluminum it is a weak point

I got lucky and had an old school bolt in my junk drawer

400-474_A_V4.jpg

I had one of the stock ones break on my 17, it is a bad design. The threads are shot peened to the head, being aluminum it is a weak point

I got lucky and had an old school bolt in my junk drawer

400-474_A_V4.jpg

So I’m gonna guess that you don’t have a nice new Chrome (or Gloss Black) replacement in your junk drawer. HD doesn’t make one for it in either finish. My junk drawer is bare. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kuryakyn Kool Kaps Engine Bolt Head Covers/Topper Caps Milwaukee 8 Complete Set ...

This was fun and entertaining. I thought that I was done several times and kept finding more bolts to Kap. Adds a classy touch to the engine without being overwhelming or gaudy. You do have to use a dab of silicone on the inside of each Kap but all in all a super easy upgrade.

View attachment 112050 View attachment 112051 View attachment 112052 View attachment 112053

Is that Kuryakyn Chrome Complete Kit Part 2465? What year is your Freewheeler? I am trying to find the correct Kuryakyn part number for my 2022 Freewheeler.

Is that Kuryakyn Chrome Complete Kit Part 2465? What year is your Freewheeler? I am trying to find the correct Kuryakyn part number for my 2022 Freewheeler.

Greetings lingone ...

2464 is the kit that I used. It is listed as the kit for the M8 but it does say 17 - 21 Not sure if there's anything different about the bolts on the 22. Some specific recommendations were in the instructions.

KOOL KAPS ENGINE KIT FOR MILWAUKEE-EIGHT®, CHROME 2464

-CONTINUED-

5/16” SOCKET HEAD KOOL KAPS

10 Transmission End Cover

1/4” SOCKET HEAD KOOL KAPS

5/16” HEX HEAD KOOL KAPS

10 Head Bolts (right-brake side) 1/4” HEX HEAD KOOL KAPS

6 Cylinder Base Area

9 Tappet

9 Timing Cover

9 Transmission Top 9 Primary Cover

Once those were in I found 8 or 10 other bolts to cover. All finished and there were 9 of the smallest caps left over.

Hope that helps ... PS Kuryakyn actually has a customer service phone # and a person actually answers!!

655af8a2-7e74-4f40-bb23-4aca42bc85d4
4536eaab-a823-4818-af86-fa3fcabe9346

Greetings lingone ...

2464 is the kit that I used. It is listed as the kit for the M8 but it does say 17 - 21 Not sure if there's anything different about the bolts on the 22. Some specific recommendations were in the instructions.

KOOL KAPS ENGINE KIT FOR MILWAUKEE-EIGHT®, CHROME 2464

-CONTINUED-

5/16” SOCKET HEAD KOOL KAPS

10 Transmission End Cover

1/4” SOCKET HEAD KOOL KAPS

5/16” HEX HEAD KOOL KAPS

10 Head Bolts (right-brake side) 1/4” HEX HEAD KOOL KAPS

6 Cylinder Base Area

9 Tappet

9 Timing Cover

9 Transmission Top 9 Primary Cover

Once those were in I found 8 or 10 other bolts to cover. All finished and there were 9 of the smallest caps left over.

Hope that helps ... PS Kuryakyn actually has a customer service phone # and a person actually answers!!

655af8a2-7e74-4f40-bb23-4aca42bc85d4
4536eaab-a823-4818-af86-fa3fcabe9346

Very many thanks for your comprehensive and helpful reply.

Ride safe!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png