2020 CVO

Way out of my price range. But, my thoughts on the whole CVO thing. To me I feel it's a status thing (no offense to anyone). Spending that kind of money to get someone else's design just seems counter productive.

Why not get a regular one, set your budget at the difference and get it dressed out exactly like you want it. Of course, if you just absolutely love the CVO ... go for it. I tend to like the uniqueness of my rides ... LOL ... and we'll leave it at that.

The other consideration is that after spending big bucks for the CVO, you still would probably want to still tweet things ... tune ... slipping ... breather ... etc. My guess would be the difference in the CVO vs the standard Tri would allow you to trick it out in your preferences and do the performance mods we all tend to do.

Lastly, I for one really like "showering my girl" with little gifts ... LOL.

So ... conclusion, if I had unlimited $$$ I would probably get the White CVO ... and then spend days/weeks switching out all the things I didn't like just because that's part of who I am ... LOL.

I kinda agree with that. All the CVO's I've seen, the paint job left a lot to be desired (remember the watermelon paint job). And the floorboards and handgrips are not what I would pick either. I would rather spend the money on safety and comfort items instead of all the useless chrome bling.

But then you don't get to brag that you have a CVO! :D :D

If I really had that kind of disposable cash, I'd buy a Corvette.

I probably would have got one if i had not bought a new one last year. I like the one i have better.

Only two things stand out that I like about the new CVO! One is of course 117 engine we all want more horse! Two is I like the rim's they look cool and easier to keep clean. Other than that I will keep my 2014. :)

I kinda agree with that. All the CVO's I've seen, the paint job left a lot to be desired (remember the watermelon paint job). And the floorboards and handgrips are not what I would pick either. I would rather spend the money on safety and comfort items instead of all the useless chrome bling.

But then you don't get to brag that you have a CVO! :D :D

If I really had that kind of disposable cash, I'd buy a Corvette.

I have a 2019 Corvette that is being bought back for a paint issue this month by GM. I also have a 2020 CVO TG. I would take the CVO TG hands down.

Only thing I didn't like was 19" wheels & tiny windshield. I like the CVO over a Vette anyday. Way more fun. But, being retired kinda stops the CVO. I did however get the 20 Tahitian Teal. Just have to wait for it to arrive.

The only thing that is VIN protected is the CVO badges...everything else has a HD part #...

I disagree, Try ordering the rims and see how far that goes. I own one and if I wanted a rim I would have to give the old one back.

cvo

Only thing I didn't like was 19" wheels & tiny windshield. I like the CVO over a Vette anyday. Way more fun. But, being retired kinda stops the CVO. I did however get the 20 Tahitian Teal. Just have to wait for it to arrive.

Friend of mine has a softail cvo don't know what year but when I still had my 2006 softail I wanted that windshield. We went to the dealer and he got a quote on one. He had to show his registration proving he had a cvo. The price was over $1200.00 so I didn't get it

Friend of mine has a softail cvo don't know what year but when I still had my 2006 softail I wanted that windshield. We went to the dealer and he got a quote on one. He had to show his registration proving he had a cvo. The price was over $1200.00 so I didn't get it

Harley protects the CVO line so they can not be reproduced, I have the OEM windshield from my 2019 CVO Road Glide and my trike that I took off to ge a little but higher. I never would have thought they were wurth much. I may have to check into that.

The only thing that is VIN protected is the CVO badges...everything else has a HD part #...

I disagree, Try ordering the rims and see how far that goes. I own one and if I wanted a rim I would have to give the old one back.

They may be telling you that...but...Rear in black 40900724 @ $541.99...no you will not find that on a website but my dealer said they are not protected and has already sold a set along with the gauge package...if they were chrome I would already have them...

2020 CVO Trike,

It is a lot for sure and one does wonder whether it's worth it, but I have one and love it as it is my first Trike. I enjoy it more each time I ride it, but I don't understand, those who are willing to pay so much above MSRP kills me. I had to go over a 1000 miles to get one at MSRP to the dealer instead of stealer. It makes me wonder just what those buyers are going to think of their dealership when they go to trade the Trike in the next few years and realize the trade in price is no different than those that paid MSRP for them.

It is a lot for sure and one does wonder whether it's worth it, but I have one and love it as it is my first Trike. I enjoy it more each time I ride it, but I don't understand, those who are willing to pay so much above MSRP kills me. I had to go over a 1000 miles to get one at MSRP to the dealer instead of stealer. It makes me wonder just what those buyers are going to think of their dealership when they go to trade the Trike in the next few years and realize the trade in price is no different than those that paid MSRP for them.

Wes.......Welcome to Trike-Talk............:clapping:......

I don't get it either. I had salesmen at a dealer that is a friend of mine try sell me at 5k over for their CVO trike, I don't think so, I never have and never will and he knew that but still had the balls to try. Then he got pissed when I bought it at the dealer I usually buy from. There's a dealer in town that still has a dodge Demon on the show room floor and he is asking 30k over sticker. I asked if they would sell it at sticker and they won't. I hope it sits there forever. GREED

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png