2019 Freewheeler headers and SE Pro Street Tuner

Rakpak

Sep 13, 2019
Russell
Has anyone had any success with the SE Pro Street Tuner with a full exhaust system like the Rinehart Slim Line Duals? I understand the Warranty Issue, just interested if anyone has tried the SEPST with full exhaust on an otherwise stock 114. Thanks

Are you talking about Rinehart's Racing Slimline Dual Header Kit, P/N 100-0452 for 2017-later. If so, I believe Tri Glide and Freewheeler installation also requires an additional Slimline Duals Trike Conversion Kit, P/N, 100-0480 for 2017-later.

Not sure how many may have chosen this particular path for headers, especially if they're not an approved item by MOCO and available through the HD Parts System. The installation would surely void their warranty, whether the install used the SE Pro Street Tuner or not.

If had to guess what the moco's position would be....the word "Racing" in Rinehart's description would be the nail in the warranty coffin decision. Of course, I could be way off base with my thinking too.:blush:

20191018_085118.png

Not to mention the lack of a CAT and EPA compliance markings,
An update to my previous post after talking to my HD Parts Manager.

• First the "Racing" reference to the headers description doesn't apply. Found out that's actually the company's full name, "Rinehart Racing".

• Parts Manager says, since the Catalytic Converters are in the OEM exhaust system, any removal of the stock headers automatically voids the warranty, no matter who does the installation.

I do like these headers and really like that you have a choice of using two different sizes of 02 exhaust ports, a 12mm or 18mm. So one can choose which works best for their particular configuration. The smaller slim design is also a more pleasing look to me. Warranty would not be an issue on my 2016 Tri Glide. If only my ship would come in...SOON!:laugh:

Headers

I understand the warranty issue, you would have to re-install factory header for service or warranty work. Just wondering if anyone had tried an after market header with SEPST and what what the AFR would be.

I understand the warranty issue, you would have to re-install factory header for service or warranty work. Just wondering if anyone had tried an after market header with SEPST and what what the AFR would be.

As to whether anyone's done it on a 2019? I doubt it, or you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would be willing to admit to it in an open forum.;)

I really can't see a huge benefit to just installing these and not making upgrades to Air Cleaner/Breather System and changes to the Fuel Management System. Even if the stock system could compensate somewhat for only header and muffler changes...given the money being spent, there would be a LOT of performance potential left on the table.

Headers

Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking the same thing about someone admitting to it lol. I have the 4in Rineharts now and love the sound. The heat from the cat is another story. Guess I’ll just do a stage one tune.

As to whether anyone's done it on a 2019? I doubt it, or you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would be willing to admit to it in an open forum.;)

I really can't see a huge benefit to just installing these and not making upgrades to Air Cleaner/Breather System and changes to the Fuel Management System. Even if the stock system could compensate somewhat for only header and muffler changes...given the money being spent, there would be a LOT of performance potential left on the table.

Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking the same thing about someone admitting to it lol. I have the 4in Rineharts now and love the sound. The heat from the cat is another story. Guess I’ll just do a stage one tune.

There are ways to reduce/minimize felt heat to rider and passenger, and to reduce engine temperatures. Here's a couple of threads that has lots of details.

What to buy / modify first

Passenger foot peg heat

Wish you the best

Think about an external breather system to keep the hot oily moisture laden mix out of your throttle body

This is 2 fold, 1, you can stuff more oxygen rich cooler air in your engine 2, the slimey mess will no longer be coating the tops of pistons causing hot pockets for fuel flash over

This will actually help cool your engine down a few degrees also

Heat is the #1 killer of power and longevity of an engine

Agree Jack, going that route after my 1000 mile service in the next week I hope.

Think about an external breather system to keep the hot oily moisture laden mix out of your throttle body

This is 2 fold, 1, you can stuff more oxygen rich cooler air in your engine 2, the slimey mess will no longer be coating the tops of pistons causing hot pockets for fuel flash over

This will actually help cool your engine down a few degrees also

Heat is the #1 killer of power and longevity of an engine

With the money you saved by passing on the Rinehart Headers, you can now consider using to make mods that further reduce felt heat to rider and passenger, and to provide more airflow for cooling the engine.

• DK Custom Rider & Passenger Footboard Extensions

• DK Custom Gas Tank Lift & Deluxe Option

• DK Custom Cooling Deflector Wings

• Mighty Mites Love Jugs Engine Cooling Fans - Contact Site Owner Papa Zook

Reactions: MDO
Thanks

Thanks for for the info, guys. I appreciate it.

With the money you saved by passing on the Rinehart Headers, you can now consider using to make mods that further reduce felt heat to rider and passenger, and to provide more airflow for cooling the engine.

• DK Custom Rider & Passenger Footboard Extensions

• DK Custom Gas Tank Lift & Deluxe Option

• DK Custom Cooling Deflector Wings

• Mighty Mites Love Jugs Engine Cooling Fans - Contact Site Owner Papa Zook

Best I can see on my SE Pro Street Tuner software- it's limited to the MOCO's products. Limited to the stage kits. It does have auto tuning bits its limited also- to the stage kits. If warranty is no concern then there are better tuners out there that do more.

Warranty is an issue for sure. Was just curious if anyone had tried it to see what the results were.

Best I can see on my SE Pro Street Tuner software- it's limited to the MOCO's products. Limited to the stage kits. It does have auto tuning bits its limited also- to the stage kits. If warranty is no concern then there are better tuners out there that do more.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png