• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

New here, hope to learn about VW trikes

Reaction score
I've been riding bikes a long time and many miles. Just this year, I've sold both bikes, Kawasaki Concours and 900Custom, and bought a basket case Apache Trike. Way back in the 1970s I built a fiberglass body on shortened VW pan, and then a tube frame Bandido Sand Rail with VW engine. Love working on these engines.

Completely gutted all wiring and rewired correctly. I was going to rebuild engine, but for times sake, bought a 1600 new rebuild. Had to completely redo brakes, it's got VW disc brakes on the rear IRS, had to go through several different master cylinders before learning the needs of the disc brakes verses needs of drum brakes. It's got a springer front end, I think it's a POCO springer.

The only thing that hasn't been replaced or repaired is inside the tranny housing, I'm hoping that it's in as good a shape as it seems. This seems a good place to learn new things and relearn what I've forgotten.

Hope to be an active member, listen a whole lot and then maybe add a bit of knowledge.

The only thing that hasn't been replaced or repaired is inside the tranny housing, I'm hoping that it's in as good a shape as it seems.

Unless your particular VW transmission has been abused by off roading or at the drag strip, it should be good. Stock VW trannys are usually good for 300,000 miles or more... but AGAIN, this is if it hasn't been abused.

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy
Welcome to the group.

No better medicine than the wind in your face and joy in your soul!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png