Wind at my back

Reaction score
Hey folk. New to the forum but have been reading and learning since I bought my trike in July. Something I haven’t read about is the wind tunnel effect the champion creates that is created between the body and the fenders. It blows my shirt, vest, jacket up to expose my bare body. 30-40 years ago I wouldn’t mind going down the highway half naked. And during this hot summer it was quite refreshing. The mountain air has grown cold here in the Shenandoah valley and well... not so refreshing. I installed a set of the lower trike wings. That helped some but I still get quite a breeze up my back. Have anyone found a way to stop the flow or am I the only one bothered by this?

Hey folk. New to the forum but have been reading and learning since I bought my trike in July. Something I haven’t read about is the wind tunnel effect the champion creates that is created between the body and the fenders. It blows my shirt, vest, jacket up to expose my bare body. 30-40 years ago I wouldn’t mind going down the highway half naked. And during this hot summer it was quite refreshing. The mountain air has grown cold here in the Shenandoah valley and well... not so refreshing. I installed a set of the lower trike wings. That helped some but I still get quite a breeze up my back. Have anyone found a way to stop the flow or am I the only one bothered by this?

Never really noticed this problem on the GL1800 what with all the faring up front to deflect the wind. Always keep my shirt tucked in and if wearing a jacket at least keep the bottom portion zipped some or bottom 2 buttons buttoned up.

I have installed Baker Air Wings and Trike Wings. Put the Air Wings on to direct air ON to the body in hot temps and put the Trike Wings on to help deflect bugs from the fenders. Both work well for these purposes.

Mirror Wings Smoke.jpeg

These wings that mount to the bottom of the mirrors are inexpensive and really help. These are all over eBay and I think baker built makes them too.

Also, the baker built wings will help ... they are a little pricey, but, do what they are intended to do.

View attachment 92304

These wings that mount to the bottom of the mirrors are inexpensive and really help. These are all over eBay and I think baker built makes them too.

Also, the baker built wings will help ... they are a little pricey, but, do what they are intended to do.

I had these mirror wings also but living in Texas I found they weren’t really necessary for winter riding and did not like having to attach, then un-attach them for cool then warm temp riding.

I had these mirror wings also but living in Texas I found they weren’t really necessary for winter riding and did not like having to attach, then un-attach them for cool then warm temp riding.

I put them on and left them there ... they adjust to blow on you or away from you, much like the Baker Built Wings.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png