What Would You Like To See Harley Do In The Future

The only competition in the American motorcycle circle is Indian. Now if Indian's design team comes up with a 'Factory' trike they may have a winner. If they don't try they'll never know, too many people think inside the box.

The only competition in the American motorcycle circle is Indian. Now if Indian's design team comes up with a 'Factory' trike they may have a winner. If they don't try they'll never know, too many people think inside the box.

I think if Polaris AKA Indian did that now they will be a dollar short and a Day late..

On paper it sounds good but financially I don’t think it will ever happen with Polaris..?

I dunno Bob, Polaris needs another comeback after the Victory line, Polaris is a well established business with deep pockets in snowmobiles, watercrafts ,motorcycles just to name a few

They are pretty diversified and could afford another winning project IMO

I may just for the heck of it send a letter to the design team and Indian suggesting a trike in their line up and if they look back into the history of Indian they will find a trike called the 'Dispatch Tow' and build off the idea just as Harley Davidson did with the Servi-car trike. I agree with mechanical reverse and independent suspension. It never hurts to ask.

Attachments

• 39-indian-dispatch_3-1-1043599747.jpeg
    39-indian-dispatch_3-1-1043599747.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 67
This should be an eye opener and interesting

I hope

I would like to see mechanical reverse on the trikes along with a REAL adjustable clutch cable, not this junk

FBI+EZ+Clutch+Adjuster+4.jpeg

Jack you are so right about the cheap azz adjustable cable clutch. On a month long road trip and first week in riding buddy got stranded because the cheap red plastic locking tab on his clutch broke. 2021 TG with only 15k on it. Luckily we were able to push him and he got started by dropping into second gear and rode it with no clutch for 80 miles. Luckily we were in MT with few towns / stop lights, etc., and made it to hotel in Havre, MT. Towed to dealer 115 miles away who luckily had the part. Otherwise it would have been adios for him on this trip. Rediculous for this to happen.

Well, let's see. Bought a $29,000 '21 Freewheeler at Rommels HD in Smyrna Delaware and couldn't get them to do a 10,000 mile service after 3 1/2 weeks of trying, nor did they seem to care. Atlantic Cnty HD in NJ replaces 2 spark plugs instead of 4 and brushes me off when I ask about. Adamec HD in Jacksonville FL, where I went for a quart of Syn3 oil and asked the parts guy in conversation how come they didn't have any Freewheelers on the floor. He didn't know what I was talking about. So I'm thinking Harley would be well advised to start getting people who actually know and CARE about what they're doing. You know, maybe like running a professional business?

Well, let's see. Bought a $29,000 '21 Freewheeler at Rommels HD in Smyrna Delaware and couldn't get them to do a 10,000 mile service after 3 1/2 weeks of trying, nor did they seem to care. Atlantic Cnty HD in NJ replaces 2 spark plugs instead of 4 and brushes me off when I ask about. Adamec HD in Jacksonville FL, where I went for a quart of Syn3 oil and asked the parts guy in conversation how come they didn't have any Freewheelers on the floor. He didn't know what I was talking about. So I'm thinking Harley would be well advised to start getting people who actually know and CARE about what they're doing. You know, maybe like running a professional business?

I have the staff @ Adamecs under control:p

Did you stop @ the Atlantic store or @ the Baymeadows store?

You gotta be the Rodney Dangerfield of motorcycles- no respect. You need to develope a winning personality such as I have. If you walk into your local dealer and the sales guys dont duck out, the parts guys dont hide in the back room and the motorclothes ladies dont start crying and that weasel GM dosnt lock himself in his office with a pistol- then your doing something wrong. Now practise in front of the mirror: "What did you just say?" Again louder: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" Now scowl like Bluto. Report back on how you made out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png