Sturgis 2017

mirider

Jun 18, 2015
West Michigan
Arrived home from our Sturgis adventure, our first - 2500 miles and the Harley never skipped a beat.
happy34.gif
Great trip with lots of great riding in that part of the country. Highlights included the Harley Museum, Wall Drug, Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, The Needles hiway, Crazy Horse, The Badlands, and of course the rally itself which was everything I expected, a zoo with wall-to-wall traffic, people, and vendors crammed in a small town
doh.gif
- but that's why we went. Even had the honor and pleasure of meeting Adam Sandoval and his dog Scooter of Adam Sandoval Rides and/or ScootinAmerica at a rest stop in the Badlands. A few pics below:

2.jpg36.jpg44.jpg62.jpg72.jpgIMG_1175.jpgIMG_1191.jpg56.jpgJKDX1024.jpg1662806.jpg

Last edited:
I right clicked on a blue box. It opened in another window that said you had to be logged into VENTURERIDERS.ORG to view the pictures.

I right clicked on a blue box. It opened in another window that said you had to be logged into VENTURERIDERS.ORG to view the pictures.

Whoops....tried to copy pics from another forum, learned a lesson. :gah:Let me know if the pics are viewable now.

Sounds like you had a great trip and good photos! We went to Sturgis in 1998 and it was one of the best trips I have ever done. We did everything except Crazy Hose and the Badlands. At the time the road to Crazy Horse was not paved and it was a sea of mud from rain. We had the Badlands on the schedule but one of the riders on the trip had a bike issue and we spent that day getting it taken care of. The wife and I have done a lot of trips since then but the Sturgis trip still ranks at the top of my list. Would like to go back but not for the rally. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it brought back great memories!

Sunman

The Sturgis trip was on my bucket list, scratch one more item. :clapping: Will I return? - I think so but more to ride the fantastic country out there. Definitely some of the finest motorcycle touring we have ever done. ThumbUp

Sturgis

Been there twice, first time learned about the night life and freezing pm temps :cold:

Second time brought snow suit :clapping: Stayed out of town and partied at the camp. Did lots of touring. And still didn't see it all. Maybe one more time :Shrug:

It is a definite must see.

The wife and I went out in 93 and 94 then I went back in 04 with 7 buddies,the 04 trip the weather was great the first 3 days then turned cold the rest of the week.But still fun,glad you had fun.The wife and I would like to go back now that we have the trike.

Arrived home from our Sturgis adventure, our first - 2500 miles and the Harley never skipped a beat.
happy34.gif
Great trip with lots of great riding in that part of the country. Highlights included the Harley Museum, Wall Drug, Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, The Needles hiway, Crazy Horse, The Badlands, and of course the rally itself which was everything I expected, a zoo with wall-to-wall traffic, people, and vendors crammed in a small town
doh.gif
- but that's why we went. Even had the honor and pleasure of meeting Adam Sandoval and his dog Scooter of Adam Sandoval Rides and/or ScootinAmerica at a rest stop in the Badlands. A few pics below:

View attachment 48372View attachment 48373View attachment 48374View attachment 48375View attachment 48376View attachment 48377View attachment 48378View attachment 48379View attachment 48380View attachment 48381

Dave,

I was out there with a group of friends at that time too. I probably waved at ya. I agree that it was awesome!

Kevin

Sound as if you had an enjoyable time.

I would like to visit the area but too old to tolerate the traffic and crowds, have to go before or after.

Thanks for your report.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png