Saw a Road Glide 3 in person today

Kneesinbreeze

50+ Posts
Aug 28, 2022
Independence, mo usa
It looks pretty nice but the faring mounts the same as the Road Glide special. The fairing mounting bracket mounts where a full size crash bar would mount. So no way to add vented lower fairings to the RG3.

It looks pretty nice but the faring mounts the same as the Road Glide special. The fairing mounting bracket mounts where a full size crash bar would mount. So no way to add vented lower fairings to the RG3.

Richard I bet that the engine guard from the RG regular could be adapted to the RG3 then lowers from a none water cooled could be added. A little bit of work and money but I bet it can be done.

Saw one at a HD Red Carpet event unveiling the new 2023 lineup. I thought it was very nice for what it is. Really well designed to be exactly what they were after. I have had the Ultra Classic with the handlebar mounted fairing and the Road Glide with the frame mounted fairing and a Gold Wing which is also a frame mounted fairing. It's a little strange feeling getting used to the bike turning and the fairing still facing straight ... that being said, the frame mounted setup is a much more comfortable ride, a softer steering and better control imo. Handlebars are a bit different, 18" rear tires on good looking rims, sound system and the Road Glide Tank are the obvious changes.

Permission to use a Car Model Comparable ... I think BMW's Lineup works well here

The Freewheeler is like the Z4 Roadster

The RG3 is like the M Series Sport Coupe

The Tri Glide is like the X Series SUV

For me ... I was after the Roadster but I really like the entire lineup :) :Trike1:

E5BCF7FD-EAE9-48B5-A677-6A5E4A50C9A0.jpg Imports - 2 of 3.jpg Imports - 3 of 3.jpg

Is it just me or does that fairing not look like it would offer much wind/rain protection?

It certainly doesn’t look like it does, but in the grand scheme of things that doesn’t matter if it gives you wind/rain protection or not if it looks good to a prospective buyer they will buy it…Some people will load up their bikes with Chrome and that surely serves no function other than make the owner feel better….

Is it just me or does that fairing not look like it would offer much wind/rain protection?

Not just you JT … From the “outside” the shark nose styling is pretty cool looking. From the “inside” it’s a very cool sound and entertainment system … nice speakers, nice looking mini smoked windshield. Nowhere to actually hide behind it. I think it’s a good addition to the HD Trike Lineup

It certainly doesn’t look like it does, but in the grand scheme of things that doesn’t matter if it gives you wind/rain protection or not if it looks good to a prospective buyer they will buy it…Some people will load up their bikes with Chrome and that surely serves no function other than make the owner feel better….

Sup rhino ...

I resemble that "Chrome" remark you posted :) Now "loading" up your bike with chrome, as opposed to the deliberate, diplomatic, classy addition of select chrome pieces will not only "make the owner feel better" it will absolutely make the bike look better. Not only to the owner but to everyone that sees it. Will it add "function" ... absolutely not. Back in the day (and really always) chrome additions to the bike were always the thing to do especially if you had any desire to ever show the bike.

The industry went through a phase recently where everything had to be Gloss Black and entire bikes were adorned this way. Chrome is making a big comeback now and for me that's a good thing. Every chrome add on is also available in gloss black and that's the Vanilla & Chocolate concept ... Everyone likes something different. Park a stock ride next to one properly equipped with a well done chrome package (or gloss black if you prefer) will always present nicer, and be more appealing to the eye. (Eye Candy) if you will.

So will the new RG3 Shark Nose afford you great protection from wind and rain? Probably not ... although it is eye appealing (to some) and function ... great sound, navigation system, heads up display, fuel conserving and "owner feels better" You can bet that anyone that buys the new RG3 will definitely be adding a bunch of non functioning chrome to it as well. Yes / No

Just my humble opinion as an avid customization enthusiast :LooksGreat:

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg Imports - 1 of 1.jpg Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpg Imports - 1 of 1 (1).jpg

Sup rhino ...

I resemble that "Chrome" remark you posted :) Now "loading" up your bike with chrome, as opposed to the deliberate, diplomatic, classy addition of select chrome pieces will not only "make the owner feel better" it will absolutely make the bike look better. Not only to the owner but to everyone that sees it. Will it add "function" ... absolutely not. Back in the day (and really always) chrome additions to the bike were always the thing to do especially if you had any desire to ever show the bike.

The industry went through a phase recently where everything had to be Gloss Black and entire bikes were adorned this way. Chrome is making a big comeback now and for me that's a good thing. Every chrome add on is also available in gloss black and that's the Vanilla & Chocolate concept ... Everyone likes something different. Park a stock ride next to one properly equipped with a well done chrome package (or gloss black if you prefer) will always present nicer, and be more appealing to the eye. (Eye Candy) if you will.

So will the new RG3 Shark Nose afford you great protection from wind and rain? Probably not ... although it is eye appealing (to some) and function ... great sound, navigation system, heads up display, fuel conserving and "owner feels better" You can bet that anyone that buys the new RG3 will definitely be adding a bunch of non functioning chrome to it as well. Yes / No

Just my humble opinion as an avid customization enthusiast :LooksGreat:

View attachment 112095 View attachment 112096 View attachment 112097 View attachment 112098

It wasn’t a remark or a dig when I mentioned the chrome what I was driving at is that everybody has to make their own machine their own machine so if the faring doesn’t protect you from the rain or the wind you buy it because it hits your right buttons, If not there’s always options for that… no manufacture can make a bike that everybody’s gonna look and say that’s perfect….Look a while back I said I wish Ford still made the Edsel….

It wasn’t a remark or a dig when I mentioned the chrome what I was driving at is that everybody has to make their own machine their own machine so if the faring doesn’t protect you from the rain or the wind you buy it because it hits your right buttons, If not there’s always options for that… no manufacture can make a bike that everybody’s gonna look and say that’s perfect….Look a while back I said I wish Ford still made the Edsel….

I was only playin rhino. I didn’t think you said anything like a dig, I was more making fun of my own non stop ocd to add custom stuff. 😊

You have to consider too, that chrome is slicker than black paint so your bike will slip through the air stream smoother allowing you to go faster and use less gas. It also means you don't need as many reflectors which reduces weight and air drag and will further increase fuel economy and performance. I'm surprised the EPA doesn't mandate that motorcycles are completely dipped in chrome. ;)

You have to consider too, that chrome is slicker than black paint so your bike will slip through the air stream smoother allowing you to go faster and use less gas. It also means you don't need as many reflectors which reduces weight and air drag and will further increase fuel economy and performance. I'm surprised the EPA doesn't mandate that motorcycles are completely dipped in chrome. ;)

Cool observation promoting the functionality of quality chrome work ... Thank goodness I have also removed all of the reflectors from my bike! Probably gained like 10 Horse :)

I like those reflectors. I paid for those reflectors. Those reflectors stay. I dont care what some dink thinks or says.

Some will get loud pipes because they Think it makes their trike safer....

Some will get loud horns because they Think it makes their trike safer...

Some will get brighter lights because they Think it makes their trike safer...

And then some will remove their Safety Reflectors because ???????

Some will get loud pipes because they Think it makes their trike safer.... Some will get loud horns because they Think it makes their trike safer... Some will get brighter lights because they Think it makes their trike safer... And then some will remove their Safety Reflectors because ???????

By the time they see that 2" reflector they've already hit you. You (not you in particular rhino) should have anticipated them doing something stupid before they were in range to see your reflectors. Gotta remember these same people run into buses and tractor trailers and they've got lights blazing, reflectors everywhere and really, really loud horns and they're a lot bigger than we are. Maybe it's just me, but I ride like nobody sees me and if they do they're actively trying to kill me. It's got me through for 71 years without daytime lights or reflectors, but don't get me wrong I don't care what anybody has on their bike/trike, I just hope they don't depend on that little piece of plastic to do anything meaningful and get complacent. Me? I take 'em off because I think it makes the bike look cleaner. And it goes faster. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png