Waxing the windshield

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Reaction score
A tip for yea all, BUT I always put a good coat of wax on my windshield, whenever I wax my trike (and that's usually when it's raining outside) That's when I go into the garage and service my bike, either oil change, tire pressure checks, wash and wax, or what ever needs to be done..ect.ect.ect.

But

the reason for the wax is that rain water just rolls off the shield, and totally makes it much easier to ride in rain... try it.....IT WORKS!

Ronnie

A tip for yea all, BUT I always put a good coat of wax on my windshield, whenever I wax my trike (and that's usually when it's raining outside) That's when I go into the garage and service my bike, either oil change, tire pressure checks, wash and wax, or what ever needs to be done..ect.ect.ect.

But

the reason for the wax is that rain water just rolls off the shield, and totally makes it much easier to ride in rain... try it.....IT WORKS!

Ronnie

I don't wax my Slingshot....I just hose it down with soap and water and dry it with my full size Microfiber Towels.....The wind shield i use Honda spray wax....I tried Rain X Years ago, But unless they changed the formula after a while it will leave a residue and dull the shield..:Shrug:

and do this

But

Ronnie

Do this for the rest of your trike, less cleaning, paint protected, more time riding!

Wax build up will soon show fine scratches. I clean my F4 w/Windex and paper towel(don't do that on acrylic)

I don't wax my Slingshot....I just hose it down with soap and water and dry it with my full size Microfiber Towels.....The wind shield i use Honda spray wax....I tried Rain X Years ago, But unless they changed the formula after a while it will leave a residue and dull the shield..:Shrug:

Microfiber is known to trap bug residue and dirt. Therefore becoming abrasive.

You can get RainX in a Marine formula to use on windshields. Not needed on F4's

I just use lemon pledge to clean my acrylic windscreens ... works well and the bugs don't stick as bad. Helps with water dispersal .. cheap and available in small cans that take up very little room in the trunk, if you run out on a trip, every grocery store carries it.

# 2 on pledge

I have been using dollar store knock off of pledge for years;)

Do this for the rest of your trike, less cleaning, paint protected, more time riding!

Frank, thank you, wonderful info here!

I will look into this film to install on my bike... ( but it's weird, but I actually enjoy waxing the bike when it's raining... (I know I'm a strange puppy LOL)..

Hey let's meet and greet, either during the winter OR in the spring Ok?? For a few beers OR what ever!

Ronnie :)

Frank, thank you, wonderful info here!

I will look into this film to install on my bike... ( but it's weird, but I actually enjoy waxing the bike when it's raining... (I know I'm a strange puppy LOL)..

Hey let's meet and greet, either during the winter OR in the spring Ok?? For a few beers OR what ever!

Ronnie :)

That's a plan, will contact you. I did send you an e-mail a few days ago about paint film. Hey since you enjoy waxing I'll drop my trike off!

Frank

I use Lucas Oil Slick Mist on my Indian and also have protective film from See Through Braz. You can send questions if you have any to this email address...<seethroughbraz@gmail.com>.

It all works for me and I have a lot of gravel I'm forced to ride in and rain won't stop me from riding either. But y'all have to do what works for you as well.

That's a plan, will contact you. I did send you an e-mail a few days ago about paint film. Hey since you enjoy waxing I'll drop my trike off!

Frank

Frank,

I have the can of wax in my hand as we speak, I just need to charge the batteries, back to full, in my I phone, and i'm ready to polish away, "bring it on"! Good buddy! :clapping::D

Ronnie

I use Lucas Oil Slick Mist on my Indian and also have protective film from See Through Braz. You can send questions if you have any to this email address...<seethroughbraz@gmail.com>.

It all works for me and I have a lot of gravel I'm forced to ride in and rain won't stop me from riding either. But y'all have to do what works for you as well.

I use the Lucas Speed Wax also & love it. Paint, chrome or my windshield. Very easy to apply & great results.

All furniture polish is essentially the same. Why spend 4 bucks on Pledge when you can get a can of polish at Walmart for a buck and it is the same stuff. That being said, I used to polish my shields all the time with furniture polish, UNTIL I bought an F4. They are different from every other windshield made. Use any glass cleaner you like ( I like Perfect Glass) and paper towels. If you use a micro fiber on an F4, only use it once and never after washing.

I made a big mistake once when I used fabric softener sheets to clean love bugs off my F4. Just a stupid thing for me to do. Even rubbing alcohol wouldn't take the hazy off. Had to use carburetor cleaner. If you do that, be very careful not to get it around the edges of the shield.

On all my other windshields that I used polish on, I felt like it made cleaning so much easier, especially during bug season, which in Ohio is about 7 months a year if not longer. I polish my Trike with cheap furniture polish. It works just as good as any of the high price cleaning/polishes. Virtually the same ingredients.

Last edited:
I was waxing my windshield with my Grandson the other day when my Wife came running out and said to me why don't you just use the Turtle Wax.....:D.....

Waxing the Windshield

You might give Black Lab Corp, All Clear, Windshield & Visor polish a try. I have been using it for years on the windshield on my trike and it's easy to apply and wipe off. Works on motorcycles and aviation also.

Speedy

You might give Black Lab Corp, All Clear, Windshield & Visor polish a try. I have been using it for years on the windshield on my trike and it's easy to apply and wipe off. Works on motorcycles and aviation also.

Speedy

Thanks I'll look that product up

Ronnie

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png