air shocks pump

Went to buy a pump to use on air shocks -- $70.00!! Wouldn't a normal $$11.00 bicycle pump do the job?. Getting cheap in my old age.

Buy one' Then after you use it (bicycle pump) Don't be surprised when the next time you check the shocks there's no air ln them! You need a No-Loss air gauge/pump.

The EZ Air system allows you to instantly see your shock air pressure. It also is more convenient if you have factory inner fender mounted saddlebags (no side cover removal). You can use any hand air pump .... even that $11 bicycle pump .... since you can see the final setting after removing the pump.

I think you could modify this for a Freewheeler!!!

https://wheeldock.com/products/ez-air?variant=26288938307

Just another option for spending $$$ on your Harley! :laugh:

Bob :Dorag:

The EZ Air system allows you to instantly see your shock air pressure. It also is more convenient if you have factory inner fender mounted saddlebags (no side cover removal). You can use any hand air pump .... even that $11 bicycle pump .... since you can see the final setting after removing the pump.

Just to add...Aways add 3 to 5 psi to the existing pressure before releasing air from the shocks to prevent oil from exiting the air valve....

I think you could modify this for a Freewheeler!!!

https://wheeldock.com/products/ez-air?variant=26288938307

Just another option for spending $$$ on your Harley! :laugh:

Bob :Dorag:
c

Air shocks hold a Very small volume of air ' so when you unscew that 11 dollar pump and then check the pressure next time you might see a zero reading from air loss unscrewing the pump �� That's why you'll see on all Trike froums' Some newbie when they check Thier air with a tire air gauge claming the dealer didn't put air in them ����

Just to add... It is recommended to add 3 to 5 psi to the existing pressure before removing any air to prevent oil from exiting the air valve..

It should be standard equipment instead of the Swiss Army knife type tool kit that comes standard now....I say that because then owners would use it instead of a tire gauge, And then inadvertently bleed all the air out of their shocks ...

What tool are you referring to?

What tool are you referring to?

It's a tool kit that came with both my tri-glides it's in a little canvas bag/pouch and it's something like a Swiss Army knife of tools��

Now that i'm home i have the # of the tool -94435-10, All in one tool..

Also both came with i set of ear phones, And carry bag that fits in the top box...If i had to buy the tool , I wouldn't..I would just make my own ....

It's a tool kit that came with both my tri-glides it's in a little canvas bag/pouch and it's something like a Swiss Army knife of tools��

Now that i'm home i have the # of the tool -94435-10, All in one tool..

Also both came with i set of ear phones, And carry bag that fits in the top box...If i had to buy the tool , I wouldn't..I would just make my own ....

I guess there is nothing like that in the Freewheeler...or I just didn't find it yet. :Shrug:

Say, you don't s'pose Harley realized the Tri-Glides would require more mechanical attention than the tough little 'Wheeler' do ya?

Juuuuust kidding! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess there is nothing like that in the Freewheeler...or I just didn't find it yet. :Shrug:

Say, you don't s'pose Harley realized the Tri-Glides would require more mechanical attention than the tough little 'Wheeler' do ya?

Juuuuust kidding! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It wasn't hidden, just laying in the top box....:Shrug:...Like i said with both trikes..

Could be some of them might have walked out the door, What with them just sitting there..:mad:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png