Winter Project

Sep 2, 2013
Monroe, Ohio
Almost time to put my 2014 Trike up for the winter. I have a winter project that I am looking forward to doing. I am going to remove the inner fairing and have it color matched to my trike and replace the factory gauges with Blue Dakota Digital gauges along with the Dakota digital air pressure gauge monitor for the air shocks. I will be able to see how much air is in the shocks at anytime because it will be displayed on the new gauges.

Almost time to put my 2014 Trike up for the winter. I have a winter project that I am looking forward to doing. I am going to remove the inner fairing and have it color matched to my trike and replace the factory gauges with Blue Dakota Digital gauges along with the Dakota digital air pressure gauge monitor for the air shocks. I will be able to see how much air is in the shocks at anytime because it will be displayed on the new gauges.
Sounds like a good way to pass the cold time. Pics.Please! RIDE SAFE

I will post pics when it's done and if it is not too cold in the garage when I do the project I will do a how to remove/replace inner fairing/gauges/speakers with pics. When it gets cold I usually get out my space heater and try to warm up the garage.

I will post pics when it's done and if it is not too cold in the garage when I do the project I will do a how to remove/replace inner fairing/gauges/speakers with pics. When it gets cold I usually get out my space heater and try to warm up the garage.

I just put blue leds in my streetglide, a bit pricey at Oriellys, ten bucks each. Speedo and Tach are sealed. (damn) I like the effect so far. Want to paint my inner also, but procrastination is the name of the game.:cool:

I just put blue leds in my streetglide, a bit pricey at Oriellys, ten bucks each. Speedo and Tach are sealed. (damn) I like the effect so far. Want to paint my inner also, but procrastination is the name of the game.:cool:

I know this if off-topic, but I really like your avatar.

There are a couple of companies that can change out the speedo and tach lights for you. Not sure on price, but a lot more than $10!!

There are a couple of companies that can change out the speedo and tach lights for you. Not sure on price, but a lot more than $10!!

Theres companies that do it you say, but you no say who ?

I Was thinking digital, maybe ? Its cheaper to install a bulb, haha, i bet.

Let me know ya figure it out. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

How about ? pull the gauges an have a window tinter tint them blue, or red ? Red tint is high dollar, but, shop close to me, are in a way bike guys (poster of easy rider on the wall) haha, guess that makes ya a biker.

Just tint it, it never leaves home, or its nesting place for long, eh ? Gimme an opinion. :D

Zee's Custom LED gauges

I see that some of you have used Zee's Customs for LED gauges. Do you have any updates as far as the life of the LEDs? Did the gauges stay sealed? I'm thinking of blue numbers and an orange needle for Speedo and Tach. The package for a 2018 tri looks like $160. Anybody have any photos?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png