How long did you have to wait for your kit to be delivered to installer?

frankj

90+ Posts
Reaction score
How long did you have to wait for your kit to be delivered to installer?

I've been waiting for my Roadsmith kit for almost 2 1/2 months to my installer, seems like it's always next week, but never confirmed

Frank

Roadsmith

Have you tried contacting RoadSmith to see whats going on?

My installer has been good on contacting them, said he contacted them 3 times in one week and they claimed it will be shipped this week, right, we'll see. I'm actually trying to see if I can get my order cancelled and my money back.

Frank

My installer has been good on contacting them, said he contacted them 3 times in one week and they claimed it will be shipped this week, right, we'll see. I'm actually trying to see if I can get my order cancelled and my money back.

Frank

Might I ask who the Installer Is ?

Frank

Not that you should question your installer but I would still suggest a direct call from you. You don't know the relationship between your installer and RoadSmith. You need the straight scoop not what the installer says it is. If the infor matches so much the better.

Frank

Roadsmith is a great kit and a great company. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just sayin...….

Roadsmith is a wonderful company !

I'm sure the installing dealer has the same problem as you do, they want that kit delivered, as fast as you do, if not faster! :(

Ronnie

(something to "think about" here:)

if yea cancel the order, then guess what? You still be without a trike, NOW WHAT????

Ronnie

I'm a RoadSmith fan, I bought one, I ride one, but something doesn't smell right here. RoadSmith doesn't post much here anymore, if there's a problem, they should be in direct contact with the customer, especially on a build. I read that the market is soft, maybe there's a layoff or something. Whatever it is, the customer should know. We all know the cost involved in trike ownership, a problem is worth some serious attention.

Roadsmith is a wonderful company !

I'm sure the installing dealer has the same problem as you do, they want that kit delivered, as fast as you do, if not faster! :(

Ronnie

(something to "think about" here:)

if yea cancel the order, then guess what? You still be without a trike, NOW WHAT????

Ronnie

NOW WHAT?? I just keep riding my 2 wheel motorcycle look around for a used one.

Sounds like you were a successful business person and I feel I was too, my customer service model was if someone ordered anything from me I notified them as soon as the item was shipped, gave them a tracking number and the delivery date, if I was busier than normal and if there was going to be any type of delay I would contact the customer and give the new expected shipping date and then give them the following options 1) Do you want to wait? 2) Do you want to cancel and I'll refund your money?

Frank

Hi Bob, I want to see how he resolves this before sharing that info

I still say a call to Roadsmith is in order. You've only heard one side of the story irrespective of how good you think your installer is.

I've also owned my own business and very much appreciate how RS has stood behind their product when my installer made a mess of things. And, no, I'm not saying who. That was seven years ago and I understand things have gotten better.

I second what mh said in the previous comment. Companies change, people change, you need to talk with RoadSmith directly. I'd sure hate to see you disappointed with RoadSmith, but sounds like you already are, somebody is not communicating.

I second what mh said in the previous comment. Companies change, people change, you need to talk with RoadSmith directly. I'd sure hate to see you disappointed with RoadSmith, but sounds like you already are, somebody is not communicating.

Yours and Mike's comments are dead on, and this interesting, I'm going to Americade next week and they will be there so I will be talking to them in person

No not in Keene, but my issue is with Roadsmith, my installer has been good in trying to get this from Roadsmith.

What happened with the installer in Keene, doesn't sound good at all

Just delays, non-answers and lack of communication. My problem was with him not meeting his promised time of service several times. Work performed was fine however.

Just delays, non-answers and lack of communication. My problem was with him not meeting his promised time of service several times. Work performed was fine however.

Glad that it worked out well for you, since I can see them in person at Lake George, I'll know where this all stands next week, good or bad

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png