Replacement of rear tires and rims

Kens03red

Jan 25, 2019
Tallahassee, FL USA
I have a 2003 Goldwing with a 2011 Roadsmith Trike. The trike chrome rims have a lot of rust and delamination and I would like to replace them. The rims are American Racing 16” with a bolt pattern of 4x100 and 35m offset. American Racing no longer makes this 16” 4 bolt pattern. Does anyone know where I can locate 16” rims with this bolt pattern?

Thanks,

Ken

I have a 2003 Goldwing with a 2011 Roadsmith Trike. The trike chrome rims have a lot of rust and delamination and I would like to replace them. The rims are American Racing 16” with a bolt pattern of 4x100 and 35m offset. American Racing no longer makes this 16” 4 bolt pattern. Does anyone know where I can locate 16” rims with this bolt pattern?

Thanks,

Ken

Here's a link for BBWheels - they have 2 chrome wheels listed and 59 other non-chrome (some machined & polished) in 4x100mm 16" (38mm & 40mm offset)

- looks like they only have the 35mm offset in 15" & 14" wheels

https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/16-inch-car-wheels-rims-4x100-bolt-pattern/

Holy Christmas Ken, hope you can find a replacement, not good news. I did not get chrome wheels on my 2011 RS conversion, glad I did not. You suppose Road Smith would be any help if you called them?

I have the exact set up on my 2010,,, BUT am I just lucky (as I have zero rust on mine) or is it the fact that I wax those rims all the time...(???)

Every rainy day I go into my garage (put on my head phones/play my Led Zeppelin) put a buzz on, and wax away........Nothing better then a nice clean shiny bike...:clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

Well Road Smith sure wasn't much help. Eight years out and American is done with replacement rims? That's not right, but what you gonna do? Road Smith should have had some kind of contract with these people so the customer is not scrambling for replacement equipment. I know, grumbling does not help, the customer doesn't matter much any more. But come on, $15K more or less for a RS conversion deserves better.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png