New uniforms for the Navy

Mine were blues, whites, and dungarees (wool for the blues, and cotton for the dungarees and whites not this polyester crap they have these days), but most of my time after boot camp and schools was spent in a flight suit. My grandson is career Navy and says all the uniform changes are getting pretty expensive to deal with. His dad and I got to do a tiger cruise with him on the Nimitz and it seems four different uniforms were being worn, including coveralls which I thought were reserved for submariners. Still don't understand why the Navy needs camouflage uniforms.

Finally, zippers on "Crackerjacks". For those days/nights in port of calls around the world where the liberty dress code is "Uniform of the Day", and after visiting and sampling wares of the various local adult beverage dispensaries...:p

In all seriousness, they do look sharp & should be an improvement over the standard fare...:clapping:

Being and old sailor myself. Do you remember what the two stars stand for, without googling it? What was the flap collar used for?

Nuc

I have no idea but if Google is correct the stars are for Admiral Nelson's victories. I have no idea about the collar as I couldn't find anything.

I have no idea but if Google is correct the stars are for Admiral Nelson's victories. I have no idea about the collar as I couldn't find anything.

The collar is traditional. A hold over from when sailors used to dip their braided hair in tar (hence the name 'tars') to protect their whites. I have no idea about the stars.

Being and old sailor myself. Do you remember what the two stars stand for, without googling it? What was the flap collar used for?

Nuc

I always assumed that the flap was just a lobster bib flipped around. I expect you get lobster every day, right? Maybe alternated with filet mignon?

If nothing else , a zipper fly instead of buttons is a big improvement .:clapping:

That ain’t no sheet! You haven’t lived until you have to take a leak real bad and have to unbutton 13 buttons to be able to do it. I hated them damn buttons. Of course I’m retired now, so I don’t worry about it anymore...:)

Bubba

All of my dress blues were 13 button. They didn't have any in my size with zippers at issue. Everyone else only got one pair of the 13 buttons.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png