What fuel do you use?

radismukes

2250+ Posts
May 16, 2018
Angleton, Texas
Reading some for the post about gas mileage and aux fuel tanks got me thinking. I know a dangerous. So here’s my question. Which octane do you use 85-87, 88-90, or 91-94 rating? Please include your bike type and fuel type.

Enjoy the ride and be safe!

Robert

Reading some for the post about gas mileage and aux fuel tanks got me thinking. I know a dangerous. So here’s my question. Which octane do you use 85-87, 88=90, or 91-94 rating? Please include your bike type and fuel type.

Enjoy the ride and be safe!

Robert

Harley TG.

I use the highest octane available. And unless it’s a have to case, I won’t put any fuel in at a station that just has regular. In a pinch, I’ll use mid-grade.

Harley TG.

I use the highest octane available. And unless it’s a have to case, I won’t put any fuel in at a station that just has regular. In a pinch, I’ll use mid-grade.

06 Tri Glide

+1 If I have to use mid grade, I will put in a bottle of octane booster.

Nuc

06 Tri Glide

+1 If I have to use mid grade, I will put in a bottle of octane booster.

Nuc

Good that you put a full bottle in because that's what it takes. Anything less is worthless.

On my 16 Indian I had it tuned using a PVCX using 89 octane real gas, so I now use anything. I prefer the real fuel but on the road I'll use 93 if I can't find it just to be on the safe side. I see zero gas mileage improvement using it but it makes me feel better anyway.

I have used the lowest grade available since my bike was brand new, 109,000 miles and no fuel related problems so far. YMMV

Use what your manual says! The difference between regular and premium is the amount of ping or knock retardant. It does not make it burn better or make any more power unless you have the compression for it! Besides wasting money, to high an octane can harm your engine. According to Yamaha and the "Road Star Clinic" forum, my Yamaha requires regular and will get sticky valve syndrome "SVS" on premium.

Back in the seventies, I raced sports cars. I usually ran high octane racing gas in the highly modified engine. After I blew an engine, I had problems getting pistons, so I put my undamaged race head on a stock bottom end. It ran good for practice, but would not start for the next mornings race. Several racers were helping me and they all said it was common in low compression engines. Yup, SVS, all the valves were stuck, too high an octane.

It also happen in a Pro Rally car my ex was navigating for. The driver borrowed gas from her BF, a seed 1 driver. When they came in for service, it won't restart. I had to squirt carb cleaner in the valve guides to get it started.

Me , I' like i said i use 93.....It makes me think my bike runs better, And if i think my bike runs better then it thinks it runs better, So In-Essence it runs better..

Besides i'm riding the Trump-Bump in the stock market and i can afford to be the big spender at the gas pumps...And as an extra added bonus it also impresses Habib the gas station jockey when i say, Filler up 93 cash........:D

Me , I' like i said i use 93.....It makes me think my bike runs better, And if i think my bike runs better then it thinks it runs better, So In-Essence it runs better..

Besides i'm riding the Trump-Bump in the stock market and i can afford to be the big spender at the gas pumps...And as an extra added bonus it also impresses Habib the gas station jockey when i say, Filler up 93 cash........:D

I like impressing Habib.

Hey what else do they have in life beside pumping gas and talking on their cell phone to cousin Rashi in Pakistan.......:Shrug:

You mean to tell me there are still full-serve gas stations in existence? They’ve all gone out of business around here. It’s all “selfy-helpy” unless you have a handicap that prevents you from skiing your own....then by law, if you request it, an employee has to come pump it for you.

You mean to tell me there are still full-serve gas stations in existence? They’ve all gone out of business around here. It’s all “selfy-helpy” unless you have a handicap that prevents you from skiing your own....then by law, if you request it, an employee has to come pump it for you.

In New Jersey, it’s the law that an employee pump the gas.

Yep.....In Jersey the only gas/fuel you can pump yourself is with Motorcycles ....

Jersey is the only State in the union with Jug-Handles and No-Slefservice...:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png