• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Small Harley rant

mtworks

30+ Posts
Reaction score
Last month I traded my 15 Road King for a 19 Tri Glide which I love. Had the road king set up for maps, phone and audio thru a Sena 20S and a Sena Calavry helmet, tied to a samsung galaxy phone-worked fine. Now I find out that even if I buy a WHIM, my 20S will only get mono unless I get the Harley 20S, and that the Calavry helmet is not supported at all. Could go to 2 freewires at $500+ or get the WHIM at $300 + install + 2 Sena 20S + 1 new helmet, or just go back to wired headsets and keep the now useless Calavry helmet. I don't think it ever ends.

It really isn't Harley. I wish it was in all honestly, then everyone would be affected. But technology is changing so fast that what you buy this week may be obsolete or incompatible next week. It's crazy right now. And it all costs us in the end I suppose it must be costing manufactures as well as they try to keep up with it too. Heck, that might be the reason bike cost so darn much now as they have to keep making changes almost weekly themselves. I never considered that. I just assumed they were just sticking it to us but all these changes have to be accounted for somehow somewhere. Things are just too fluctuating now. Things will settle down someday. For at least a little while. Until the next bunch of big changes.:(:(:(

Does anyone use the Sena freewire, and does it allow full communication to/from the radio, phone and passenger intercom with a second freewire?

Does anyone use the Sena freewire, and does it allow full communication to/from the radio, phone and passenger intercom with a second freewire?

Have you contacted Sena to discuss your issues? I recently started using a Cardo system & their customer service is 1st rate.

Have you contacted Sena to discuss your issues? I recently started using a Cardo system & their customer service is 1st rate.

I agree with MDO try contacting Sena. I know the programming of the HD 20s is different from the regular 20s. It MIGHT be as simple as changing to the HD 20s programming if that is possible.

Don't know about the music part of your Sena system, but I have two buddies on 18 TG's that I ride with. They spend part of the year down around Savanna TN on the river. They had probably the same sytem as yours for communication but kept dropping signal and it just wasn't working all that great. Now keep in mind that I know NOTHING about communication systems on motorcycles. I personally wouldn't have one, guess I'm too stupid to talk and pay attention at the same time.....

They found some old tech down there who did some type of CB install that they are happy with now. We did several weeks of riding in the Black Hills and southern Utah recently. They were using their 4 headsets and my DW was able to communicate with them using our handheld CB.

Please don't have the new guy arrested just yet. I'll shut up now.

View attachment 75322

That is a BEAUTIFUL trike! Also a great pic of the proud owners! Thanks for posting!

By the way... don’t “shut up”... ride a lot and post often! Participation is what makes this forum so neat!

Please don't have the new guy arrested just yet. I'll shut up now.

View attachment 75322
Never fear voicing your opinion here honest discussion is what TT is all about. We welcome everyone's thoughts on what ever the topic is, and respect it may not always agree but respect it. And you do have a nice looking ride congratulations and enjoy it. :good:Travel safe Fred

Never fear voicing your opinion here honest discussion is what TT is all about. We welcome everyone's thoughts on what ever the topic is, and respect it may not always agree but respect it. And you do have a nice looking ride congratulations and enjoy it. :good:Travel safe Fred

Yep.......This isn't one of the many Kool-Aid Forums ..... If some Individual doesn't want to hear/read what someone else has to say....They can always move on to a Loud Pipes Saves Lives Forum..:D......

Thanks guys for the support. I solved the problem by going back to wired headsets. Works perfectly with all functions of this fancy radio with no fussing about pairing and unpairing. Used wired headsets with the goldwings but went to bluetooth with the road king. Don't think either of us will miss the bluetooth headsets. Do enjoy the bluetooth phone hookup though.

Any Sena upgrades???

Wow!! More static coming through on this thread than on my old SMH-10:laugh: Just kidding:p no, i'm not:(

Anyway... I'm considering upgrading from my SMH-10 to a freewire and a Sena 20s. Did my research, they are fully compatible. But... it's been a sec since Sena has upgraded either of those products. I don't want the Mesh system. I know guys that have them and don't really rave about them.

In my experience, only when I buy a product does the manufacturer put out a new model the very next year. So has anyone heard any scuttlebutt about any new Sena upgrades compatible with the Harley Boom[SUP]tm[/SUP] system?

BTW.. just for fun, I tried the Harley wired headset. Works very well.. much clearer and louder than my Sena. I just don't want the cable and I want to be able to occasionally hear my wife chew gum and eat potato chips and blow her nose etc...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png