If You Hate Torx Fasteners Try This

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
Over the years I had tried many things with stubborn torx fasteners, (The tighter the fastener the more apt the bit would jump out of the head and strip it)

I stumbled onto this, put a bit of anti seize on the end of the torx driver, it acts like a bearing and helps keep the bit centered.;)

After removing a lot of torx I would replace them with socket head bolts most call allen bolts;)

Over the years I had tried many things with stubborn torx fasteners, (The tighter the fastener the more apt the bit would jump out of the head and strip it)

I stumbled onto this, put a bit of anti seize on the end of the torx driver, it acts like a bearing and helps keep the bit centered.;)

After removing a lot of torx I would replace them with socket head bolts most call allen bolts;)

A lot if the problem with Torx's is that some people confuse them with Allens ,And strip the heads......Very common problem with the early Spyder's ....The newbies to tools/bikes would strip the oil drain plug.....Then post that their dealer over tighten the plug and then when they tried to change their own oil the head striped.....:xzqxz:....

If you have trouble with torx wrenches jumping out of the head, try using an impact hammer. Hitting your impact driver with a ball peen hammer just about guarantees it will keep the torx wrench in the head.

The impact driver is one of the best tools I have in my tool box for removing stripped fasteners. Very effective.

PC

If you have trouble with torx wrenches jumping out of the head, try using an impact hammer. Hitting your impact driver with a ball peen hammer just about guarantees it will keep the torx wrench in the head.

The impact driver is one of the best tools I have in my tool box for removing stripped fasteners. Very effective.

PC

+2 ... but I might try the ani seize thing ... considered replacing them all with socket heads ... but ... two things prevented that ... in this burg you have to order most of them ... and ... the cost seemed a bit much just to eliminate one set of tools I carry ... especially since I would carry them anyway, ya know, incase someone else needed then ... :Shrug:

+2 ... but I might try the ani seize thing ... considered replacing them all with socket heads ... but ... two things prevented that ... in this burg you have to order most of them ... and ... the cost seemed a bit much just to eliminate one set of tools I carry ... especially since I would carry them anyway, ya know, incase someone else needed then ... :Shrug:

Lowes and Home Depot have a good assortment of SS alan bolts;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png