OK ride for older lehmans with solid axles?

I have a pre-1998 Tour model on an '86 FLHTC. No EZ-Steer and a solid axle. It rides and handles great.

Do the older lehmans ride ok with the solid axles and EZ steer?

The whole secret to setting a trike (any trike) to ride good and handle good is AIR PRESSURE.

20-22 psi rear tires ..... 15-25 psi in air type rear suspension and 40 psi front tire.

These are starting points or default positions.

You can adjust rear suspension up or down pressures for your own riding style and comfort.

Depending on the model, and your own physical abilities, you may want an E-Z Steer installed.

The whole secret to setting a trike (any trike) to ride good and handle good is AIR PRESSURE.

20-22 psi rear tires ..... 15-25 psi in air type rear suspension and 40 psi front tire.

These are starting points or default positions.

You can adjust rear suspension up or down pressures for your own riding style and comfort.

Depending on the model, and your own physical abilities, you may want an E-Z Steer installed.

Agree with all of that ... but, it's important to remember that a "good ride" is as subjective as "how do you feel" ... LOL ... no trike will ever ride like a caddy ... might get close, but, they are not meant to be a caddy.

EZ steer

I think I actually need to ride a Lehman with and without EZ Steer and see how i feel then

Also a Champion CSC and a Hannigan...I guess buying one in another state and having it shipped in is kind of taking a chance on these trikes then, no? I'd hate to get one in and not like the way it rides

I think I actually need to ride a Lehman with and without EZ Steer and see how i feel then

Also a Champion CSC and a Hannigan...I guess buying one in another state and having it shipped in is kind of taking a chance on these trikes then, no? I'd hate to get one in and not like the way it rides

We bought a 2008 GL1800 with the solid axle Lehman Monarch II for my husband. It did not have an EZ Steer when we bought it.

I liked the trike so much I bought a 2008 GL1800 Motor Trike independent axle with EZ Steer for myself 2 months later.

Upon riding mine, my husband immediately had the EZ Steer added to his Lehman and no more pain between the shoulder blades for him.

As to the ride difference between the two trikes... we were both drivers and the ride was just fine on either trike as drivers. I’ve seen many posts where the passenger complains about the solid axle trike ride as opposed to the independent axle. I wouldn’t personally know as the luggage strapped on the passenger seat never complained...

Tom, Go to Bike Week next month and test some trikes !!!!!

Thanks!

Thanks Trikeman and Lee Mann...I'd always heard Lehman was the cadillac of trikes

I'm going to ride those FIRST...Trikeman, believe it or not while looking on cycle trader

I found a 2000 GL1500 with a full Lehman kit and lowers and only 1500 miles on the whole trike.

(solid axle no ez steer) Dealer said they found it in a storage locker, it is a beauty. They want 13,600 for it but this one may be worth it. I'll try to post a picture.lehman20001.jpglehman20004.jpg

Thanks Trikeman and Lee Mann...I'd always heard Lehman was the cadillac of trikes

I'm going to ride those FIRST...Trikeman, believe it or not while looking on cycle trader

I found a 2000 GL1500 with a full Lehman kit and lowers and only 1500 miles on the whole trike.

(solid axle no ez steer) Dealer said they found it in a storage locker, it is a beauty. They want 13,600 for it but this one may be worth it. I'll try to post a picture.View attachment 54991View attachment 54992

That’s a beautiful trike. Very rare to see one with those looooow miles.

Wife's gonna kill me...that one's gonna have a huge shipping bill and sales tax go with it.

(If I buy a pvt individuals trike will only cost $25 in IL)

The closest thing to it is a 96SE with 101,000 miles and a full Lehman at Niehaus for 10500

So no this one isn't that much more and I like getting basically a new trike vs 38000 for a new 201- 2018 model.

I'm gonna try for it...I'll let you guys know...wish me luck

I did some pencilwork on it and if the figures don't change with all fees tax and shipping (OR to IL) I'll have about $16,000.00 to my door, and that's before another $1000 more for EZ-Steer (which I'll probably want, no?)

I can get on a nice 1800 for that kind of money, I better put the boxing gloves on and see where we're at after a couple rounds...LOL...may as well try tho

The 2000 se wing is the most desirable of the 1500’s. I’ve had 88,89,91,96,2-99’s,2-2000’s Both 2000’s got better mpg and run cooler. Have factory chrome valve covers and hard chrome heat shields on lower panels. Currently have 2000 SE as pictured in my avatar. I bought a new 2008 1800 with CSC conversion but I like the comfort and looks of the 1500 SE Lehman with aqua boards and the rear light bar. Good luck with your search. Keep us posted. :clapping:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png