The Blue Bee with a few Mods. just showing her off a little

18Wheeler

Jul 11, 2018
Farmville,Va,USA
Finally got the it together. Native Fat Front tire Kit with Mods to work on a trike *180/55/18 front tire* PM wheels front 18x5 rears 18x5, Tank Lift. Gotta keep Mama happy. Just wanted to show her off abit. Next order a windshield shorter windshield. Got to install the pass floorboard covers tomorrow and clean her up, got caught in the rain on the 60mile test ride.

fat bee1.jpgfat bee 2.jpgfat bee 3.jpgfat bee 4.jpg

Is that the air wing rack? Be interesting to see how that big front foot does in the rain ... guessing pretty well.

Yes it is the trike Air Wing Rack. I have the Fat tire also on my Road Glide in 12k miles I've been caught in rain a few times, it hasn't acted any different than the stock tire, thou I haven't been in a gully washer with it yet. I rode it yesterday "freewheeler" in a light rain when we picked it up and the roads were wet and I pushed it alittle and didn't have any confidence issues with it.

That is a beautiful machine. I love the front end treatment. How does it ride with the 18" rear wheels? Is it noticeably stiffer with the shorter sidewalls?

That is a beautiful machine. I love the front end treatment. How does it ride with the 18" rear wheels? Is it noticeably stiffer with the shorter sidewalls?

I run around 22psi in the shocks (for her when she is solo) and have 35 psi in the tires. *they were a bear to seat and mount*. I think it is pretty much the same from what little I have ridden it. She hasn't told me that we need to adjust anything but she hasn't done a lot of mileage yet with it. She is still feeling it out. We have a trip this week so she should have a better feel for it the next couple of day and we can tweak the pressures if needed.

Very Nice!!

Your bike really looks nice. I would be interested in the license plate in center of trunk. Did yours come like that or is it a mod you did yourself. I have been thinking about that change on my freewheeler. Any advise.

Thanks in advance

18 Wheeler..... Can you share how the ride is with the fatty, did it reduce front end bounce losing the 19" low profile tire that was stock?

To me it planted the front end, as it doesn't feel light in the corners anymore. The wife said it was alittle heavier to turn in a parking lot, but no steering difference at speed. she has about 3k miles on it and loves it.

Your bike really looks nice. I would be interested in the license plate in center of trunk. Did yours come like that or is it a mod you did yourself. I have been thinking about that change on my freewheeler. Any advise.

Thanks in advance

I made a stainless steel plate with a 3/4in tall square spacer in the center to keep it off the body. I used a lay back softtail license plate fender mount as a mockup to make mine. 3 bolts through the body, 1 drilled out the center of one of the bolt to run the wires through for the lighted plate frame. Bought a right side taillight mount and it bolted on the left fender to replace the one with the plate mount from the factory. I have some pic somewhere if the plate I made I think.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png