• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Lost but Found

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a five-year hiatus from 3-wheels I have returned.

Previously on a Tri-Glide I have returned with a Freewheeler.

Age, comfort, a desire to slow down has me leave the Adventure Tourer World behind.

So, I am in the process of the purchase of a used 2015 Freewheeler from a Harley Davidson dealer.

Part of the purchase includes changing of all fluids.

The question was raised as to if I want to purchase an extended warranty.

Looking for the pros / cons / need of an extended warranty.

I'm good for a basic oil change, lube, checking bolts.

On the Tri-Glide I did basic mechanics such as trailer hitch/wiring, DK Custom Lift Kit, Tour Pack Relocator.

No major overhauls.

Thanks

Hi all,

After a five-year hiatus from 3-wheels I have returned.

Previously on a Tri-Glide I have returned with a Freewheeler.

Age, comfort, a desire to slow down has me leave the Adventure Tourer World behind.

So, I am in the process of the purchase of a used 2015 Freewheeler from a Harley Davidson dealer.

Part of the purchase includes changing of all fluids.

The question was raised as to if I want to purchase an extended warranty.

Looking for the pros / cons / need of an extended warranty.

I'm good for a basic oil change, lube, checking bolts.

On the Tri-Glide I did basic mechanics such as trailer hitch/wiring, DK Custom Lift Kit, Tour Pack Relocator.

No major overhauls.

Thanks

Welcome back👍👍👍…..You didn’t mention how many miles are on the Free wheeler being a 2015 I would imagine you might want to buy the warranty just for peace of mind..

No original warranty or previous owner transfer.

14,700 miles

Salesman said I could get a warranty, 1-3 year.

Did'nt realize it was an option on a used bike.

Had option to extend the warranty on a new bike, being the original owner.

So, trying to find out if needed and/or this is a way for dealership to make an extra buck.

14,700 miles

So, trying to find out if needed and/or this is a way for dealership to make an extra buck.

It is a way for the dealer to make the extra buck they play the odds just like you’ll be playing the odds if you don’t get the #Warranty If a major repair comes up the dealer with just shrug it off and repair it .. If it comes up you pay for it! So whatever makes you feel good…. To paraphrase Clint do you feel 🍀 lucky.😁..

14,700 miles

The dealership warranties are for making money, betting you will not use it, most often more expensive and not as inclusive as others

In your case you may want an extended warranty just for piece of mind to cover the hydraulic clutch, that said the dealer extended warranty does NOT cover the clutch as completely as Jim Pamer brokered insurance does

If I were you I would give Jim a call and talk dollars and what is covered, he will NOT BS you

It is a way for the dealer to make the extra buck they play the odds just like you’ll be playing the odds if you don’t get the #Warranty If a major repair comes up the dealer with just shrug it off and repair it .. If it comes up you pay for it! So whatever makes you feel good…. To paraphrase Clint do you feel 🍀 lucky.😁..

Just to add.......The Dealer gets all the money for the cost of the warranty up front.....

Dealer Warr.

Just as a added note, the dealer warr. is probably JUST THAT, if your on the road

somewhere and have problems your most liklely NOT covered unless you can get it back

to that dealer!

Just say’n……….

Just as a added note, the dealer warr. is probably JUST THAT, if your on the road

somewhere and have problems your most liklely NOT covered unless you can get it back

to that dealer!

Just say’n……….

Not too sure about that - check it out. I believe a bike that is not over 10 years old - and certain miles can be covered under the Harley plan

Buy the Factory Service Manual both touring and trike, the Electrical diagnostics manual, and the Parts manual- thats about $300.00 bucks. Set up a breakdown fund and put a few hundred bucks in it every month. Dont piss your money down a rat hole on an extended warranty making someone else rich.

Picked up the Trike today.

It fell under the "Harley Davidson Certified, Pre-Owned Motorcycles" category.

I was able to / went with the "Harley Davidson Extended Service Plan", good throughout the country.

I added the "Tire/Wheel" option as I felt the maneuverability to avoid obstacles is limited as compared to a 2-wheeler.

Wife is happy, so I'm happy.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png