tow pac insta trike

Off the top of my head I think Suzie "Yellow Trike" may have started off with this kit. Send her a PM and see if she can help. If I am wrong I apologise in advance..;)

Had one on a Suzuki Burgman 650. It was a good starting trike for my daughter. See now has a Goldwing 97 1500 with a CSC conversion. It rode well. I have seen them on some Harleys and Goldwings. I have only rode the Suzuki with this setup. Ted

Well, I finnally went and did it. Two weeks ago I purchased a '09 V-star 1100 Silverado and today I arraigned the purchase of a Tow-Pac Insta-trike. Now I just have to wait for the tax man to do his part. I figure inside of a month I will be sailing along on my new trike and I can't wait.

Well, I finnally went and did it. Two weeks ago I purchased a '09 V-star 1100 Silverado and today I arraigned the purchase of a Tow-Pac Insta-trike. Now I just have to wait for the tax man to do his part. I figure inside of a month I will be sailing along on my new trike and I can't wait.

Woo Hoo Boomba!!!!! Another trike about to be born :beerchug:

Before locating my current (new to me GW1500 with CSC) ride, I looked at Tow-Pac, Voyager and Trigg for conversion on my '07 Yamaha Roadstar.
I really liked the Trigg the best for me, but that is simply an opinion as I have never ridden one. I did ride a Kawasaki with a voyager, and really saw no problem with it.

With the value of my Yamie and the cost of any of these choices I would have had within $3K invested, of what the '95 GW cost me. With this I gained more comfort, stability, cruise, stereo, cb, air shocks and trunk space. The '95 actually had fewer miles than my Yamie, so I felt it was 3K well spent. But I about wore out a computer for 3 months looking at every bike and trike for sale within 1500 miles.

If you really, really love your current ride, then these kits are a viable alternative to a full conversion kit due to the big price difference. It is really an individual thing, and I know a lot of happy riders on bikes that don't interest me. They probably wouldn't be completely happy with my choice.

I did begin my tri-ride with the Tow Pac. I had it installed on a 600cc Silver Wing.

LOVED IT! As a starter trike it was awesome. I could do everything 2 wheels could do.

Had I NOT had the funds to buy my GL1800 I would have stayed with the Tow Pac.

I'd say the ONLY draw back with the Tow Pac is the inability to rake the bike because you CAN revert back to two wheels.

I had the 8" wheels. I think the larger wheels are better looking.

There are a lot of riders using the Voyager kit here in Canada. I looked at importing them to sell at my shop but I never did because no one can anwser me on the motorcycle insurance coverage.

Technically a Voyager kit is viewed as a two wheel attachment. Transport Canada's definition of a trike is very clear "A MOTORCYCLE WITH NO MORE THAN THREE WHEEL TOUCHING THE GROUND AT ALL TIME" The definition includes conventional trikes, reverse trikes and side cars

I agree that the voyager kit is a good product and an affordable alternative but it turns your motorcycle into a "Four Wheel Vehicle" and I'm not sure how the insurance company would deal with the coverage if someone with a Voyager kit was involved in an accident?

I would recommend that anyone with a Voyager kit or similar product to check with their insurance company to ensure that they have proper coverage.

I am still not 100% clear about it, so educate me if you "really" know the answer!

Those that install they need to check. In Florida by defination your right they would no longer be a motorcycle, if someone pushed the issue.

I have a 1994 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 with a tow-pac12" wheels. Got it 4 years ago and have logged 20,000 miles on it and no problems except new tires a couple times. I am 75 years old and rode two wheels since 1957, The transition to the tow-pac went fine and still ricing it today

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png