Still Waiting for Conversion Kit to Arrive

Oct 14, 2015
Cuero
Oh, the anticipation!

My Champion conversion left the factory, the evening of the 18th. I still haven't received it. No fault of Champion, or Randy Johnston.

Turns out, the trucking company's expected shipping and delivery dates, are gu-estimations. Champion was told that the kit would be picked up on the 18th, and it would be delivered on the 22nd. Monday, the 21st, it hadn't left California.

Been emailing, and on the phone with the company, and my kit got booted into "Over flow," because of the holiday shipping. As of yesterday, still not sure when it's going to arrive in San Antonio, so I can pick it up from the terminal.

Why am I picking it up from the terminal, and not having it delivered to my house? My little town of Cuero is not on any regular routes, so the trucking company hadn't figured out how, and when, it could be delivered. WTH?

So, moral of the story, when you order a Trike Kit, don't expect it to arrive, when it's expected to arrive. :-/

BTW, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We did, nice and peaceful. Temps were great her in South Central Texas, so I took a nice ride, still on two wheels. :)

Shin, "In Waiting"

Oh, the anticipation!

My Champion conversion left the factory, the evening of the 18th. I still haven't received it. No fault of Champion, or Randy Johnston.

Turns out, the trucking company's expected shipping and delivery dates, are gu-estimations. Champion was told that the kit would be picked up on the 18th, and it would be delivered on the 22nd. Monday, the 21st, it hadn't left California.

Been emailing, and on the phone with the company, and my kit got booted into "Over flow," because of the holiday shipping. As of yesterday, still not sure when it's going to arrive in San Antonio, so I can pick it up from the terminal.

Why am I picking it up from the terminal, and not having it delivered to my house? My little town of Cuero is not on any regular routes, so the trucking company hadn't figured out how, and when, it could be delivered. WTH?

So, moral of the story, when you order a Trike Kit, don't expect it to arrive, when it's expected to arrive. :-/

BTW, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We did, nice and peaceful. Temps were great her in South Central Texas, so I took a nice ride, still on two wheels. :)

Shin, "In Waiting"

And they had those snow storms along the route also to slow things down. You can get it there any faster then they are willing to go. When I had mine shipped out several years ago I had to pick it up in Miami terminal for the same reason. Good luck. It will get there soon.

Shin

I was at Champion on the 2nd of Dec and they were crating up a kit for a Kawi that had a blue body that was being shipped to Randy Johnston at Cut and Shoot Cycles in Conroe Texas.

You're still probably doing better then me. Mine was delayed due to Champion not having the wheels. That added two weeks. Then they wouldn't ship to me in AZ. So they shipped to Randy who in turn shipped to me. Then when it got here the freight company damaged it. No fault of Randy whatsoever. Took over 30 days to get it inspected and another two weeks to approve the claim and check should be here shortly. Whew! Can't wait to finish it and off to paint. Woohoo!

Shin

I was at Champion on the 2nd of Dec and they were crating up a kit for a Kawi that had a blue body that was being shipped to Randy Johnston at Cut and Shoot Cycles in Conroe Texas.

You are correct, but Shin changed the order to ship directly to him. He did this because of commitments he had for travel plans. Still should have shipped as he was promised by the freight company but was not.

And they had those snow storms along the route also to slow things down. You can get it there any faster then they are willing to go. When I had mine shipped out several years ago I had to pick it up in Miami terminal for the same reason. Good luck. It will get there soon.

The last time I looked in a Miami phone book for "Snow Removal", there was only one company. So when it snows in Miami, everything comes to a stop.....:p

I've been extremely lucky over the last ten years to have never had a single damage claim on a trike kit and I have had hundreds shipped both to me and directly to customers. This is in large part due to the way they are crated in a big wooden crate. I did have a Bunk House camper shipped to me recently that had a forklift fork go through the bottom of the crate and cut a tire and nicked the aluminum wheel. I noted it on the delivery BOL to file a claim but didn't have to since Bunkhouse was good enough to send a new tire and wheel right out to me. Great service on their part.

Dan's Victory kit damage was purely negligence on the part of YRC Freight. It arrived at my shop in good shape, it gets inspected by both the driver and me and signed off on, but between leaving my shop and arriving at his house the freight company obviously had stacked a heavy crate on top of his crate causing it to cave in and scratch his paint. The crate was clearly marked DO NOT STACK, all trike companies mark their crates with this warning, but whoever loaded the truck out at the Arizona terminal ignored it. These kind of things rarely happen but they do happen. On the other hand, delays are unfortunately not that uncommon these days especially around Christmas.

I always include my customers in all communications with both the factory and the shipper and if it is shipping straight to them I make sure they directly communicate with both the factory and the shipper themselves. Freight companies are very competitive on their rates so large items do not get forwarded until the company can fulfil a load going to a particular destination, I understand that but it still sucks when things dont ship when promised.

Randy, You've been great through all of this. Always responsive and willing to do whatever it took in dealing with YRC. NOT YOUR FAULT! YRC is just a PITA. No worries man. It's all good in the end. I'll get a new paint job and be rolling down the road happy cause of you. Thank goodness it was only body damage and minimal at that. Thanks Randy!!!!!

Oh I'm sure the stories you could tell

Most definitely have many good stories! ;)

I will say that the culture at YRC is markedly different than that of Roadway. Roadway was family owned, employee driven, and humanistic. YRC is not. :cxtv:

Best of luck with the claims process. If you need help, feel free to PM me.

Most definitely have many good stories! ;)

I will say that the culture at YRC is markedly different than that of Roadway. Roadway was family owned, employee driven, and humanistic. YRC is not. :cxtv:

Best of luck with the claims process. If you need help, feel free to PM me.

Thanks! Managed to sort it out. But what a pain. Their inspector wouldn't even completely open the crate to look for more damage. I had to get my guy in there. I personally met him at the dock and opened it myself, under their supervision. Douche bags! I've had to stay on the their ass the whole time. Just waiting for my check in the mail. Takes 20 days from approval date. Arghhhhh!

Happ New Year! It's Finally at the House

Got the kit to the house on Wednesday. Beautiful, big ass, crate! I was told it was 50" wide, it was 56"!!! Luckily the trucking company loaded extra crates in front, and behind, the wheel wells. Allowed the crate to ride home with us.

Popped the tops, looked inside, OMG, it was a beautiful site! Had to put the tops back on, and back the truck under the car port, then leave the next day, for a 4 day trip. :-(

Will be back home on Monday, and will figure out how to unload it on Tuesday. I'll photo-document the build. Still need to located a side panel, to replace the one that USPS destroyed, when I shipped it to Champion for paint matching. :-(

Well Happy New Year!!

Shin

Got the kit to the house on Wednesday. Beautiful, big ass, crate! I was told it was 50" wide, it was 56"!!! Luckily the trucking company loaded extra crates in front, and behind, the wheel wells. Allowed the crate to ride home with us.

Popped the tops, looked inside, OMG, it was a beautiful site! Had to put the tops back on, and back the truck under the car port, then leave the next day, for a 4 day trip. :-(

Will be back home on Monday, and will figure out how to unload it on Tuesday. I'll photo-document the build. Still need to located a side panel, to replace the one that USPS destroyed, when I shipped it to Champion for paint matching. :-(

Well Happy New Year!!

Shin

Congrats on the arrival !! :pepper::pepper:
Looking forward to the build reports. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png