• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

DK Custom PROJECT TRI-GLIDE Report w/ Lots of Pics

We are back from our trip! You can see hundreds of photo's in the Ride Report at this LINK.

Here's a photo from one of our days in Colorado-

14-6%20levels.jpg

Have over 12K more miles on the Tri Glide since I last posted here.

It is running great and we're still making lots of great memories on it. :)

In the last few months the only "mods" I've done to it is use it as a test bed for several parts in various stages of development.

Kevin

Have not done a dadgum thing to it besides ride it, regular maintenance and use it for testing new parts.

It is set up perfectly and rides like a dream.

So why am I thinking about moving to a 2019 or 2020 this coming August? :xzqxz:

We'll see how our summer trips go and then decide from there.

I've ridden the 2018 and 2019 models, I like the M8 powerplant...but I can scratch that itch without starting all over again on my Long Distance Touring Tri Glide.

I have no need for ABS, bigger nav screen, or traction control. Suspension on my 14 TG is far superior to the 2019 stock suspension. So it will probably come down to if there are any frame changes in 2020.

With HD devoting so many resources to electric bikes, adventure bikes, streetfighter bikes, it may be less likely that they will have any major changes to the Touring line.

We'll see.

Kevin

Got my order from DK customs today going get started on gas tank lift,shock lift and floor board extenson install. Order on Monday got it on Wednesday super service.:clapping:

Did a ton of work on the '14 Tri Glide over the last 5 days.

Took a lot of video and am working on getting it edited down to a few minutes. Hope to get done and uploaded to youtube this week...if not, it will be early next week!

Kevin

Videos were huge and computers were having a difficult time with the file sizes...it is taking some time to get them edited down...will be Monday or Tuesday.

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png