2018 DCT CSC Encore electrical issue

Reaction score
It sputtered then quit. Everything locked up (both trunks etc) Dash lights flashing and would not allow me to turn off the ignition. Had to disconnect the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, then reconnected it. Still nothing. Had it towed. Once off the rollback it cranked right up. Any ideas??

Hi Leo, Welcome to Trike Talk

Always start @ the battery with electrical problems

First, check state of charge , followed by a load test

Thanks for the input

Thanks guys. I ordered a new battery. The connections were tight. Since I just bought it and it’s a 2018, it’s unknown if that is the original battery. I’ve read where it should be changed every 2-1/2 to 3 years. Much like cars these days with the computer stuff. Thank you guys again. Very much appreciated and great to be on this site.

The early 1800's had a lot of battery issues. a bad lot of batteries? who knows. Hope a new battery cures the problem

It sputtered then quit. Everything locked up (both trunks etc) Dash lights flashing and would not allow me to turn off the ignition. Had to disconnect the battery, let it sit for a few minutes, then reconnected it. Still nothing. Had it towed. Once off the rollback it cranked right up. Any ideas??

Have you discovered the problem? I have had a similar problem, new battery, tight fittings, runs now but concerned that it will happen again. Seems to correct itself!

concerned

ya i worry about that too. i installed a new battery but the mechanic at Honda said unless he can duplicate the problem there’s basically nothing he can do. Tough riding down a road miles from home and wondering if your going to make it home. With all the Goldwimg technology comes issues like this. let’s keep in touch ok brother?:Santa:

I've owned many bikes and have made it a practice to replace my battery every three years regardless.

ya i worry about that too. i installed a new battery but the mechanic at Honda said unless he can duplicate the problem there’s basically nothing he can do. Tough riding down a road miles from home and wondering if your going to make it home. With all the Goldwimg technology comes issues like this. let’s keep in touch ok brother?:Santa:

Russ, first welcome to the forum a great group of guys. I also have a 2018 GW, mine is a DCT/CSC which I bought as a demonstrator. I had the same situation and like you didn't know the history of the battery. I installed a new battery and 6500 miles later I've had zero problems. Ride and enjoy!

Bill

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png