AIM offers TriGlide reverse and clutch kit

Dec 17, 2008
NW Indiana
TG-easy kit

AIM Corp. is offering TG-easy kit (Parts#TG001-001) for '09-'10 Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide. This is the combination kit which is Reverse Gear Mamba and VP Performance clutch, Stage1. This kit allows you to easily back up and reduce clutch lever effort more than 30%. It is using engine power to back up, not using electrical motor. It is very smooth and powerful.
Clutch lever effort for Tri-Glide is about 25% heavier than regular solo, because it is using a heavy-duty spring for 103" engine and heavy body. Though VP Performance clutch eliminates heavy clutch pull, Clutch engagement is about 15% stronger than stock at 4000RPM. Both installations are very easy, no modification required. Does not require exhaust removal to install the Reverse gear.

Cost you ask? $1665

Can't say about the clutch, but the Mamba Reverse Gear is an easy install. After removing the right side heat shields, I had to take off the support clamp right under the trans & move the pipe out -- maybe 1/8", before I could get the cover back on. Keeping all the filings out of the gearbox when "grinding" out the lock pin holes was a concern. A thurough degreasing of the area helps this a lot so there isn't any oily surfaces to catch the filings. It recomments degreasing the threads on the ends of the shafts before installing the gear & hub, so it doesn't take much to include the whole end of the trans. Using a magnet helps too. It's an easy install, nothing complicated about it. The only problem I had was getting the second lock pin in the main shaft. Had to "chase" the threads to get it to go in, but no big deal there. The thing I really liked about the conversion is the brass shear keys. It's designed to shear the keys instead of tearing up the trans IF someone forgets & gets it in low & reverse at the same time.

Nauga, glad to hear it was no problem for you. I have been a dealer for AIM products for several years, and have installed hundreds of their clutch kits, and several reverse kits. I sold a reverse to tmigila, and Bazooka on TT, and there was no problems with either install. Also several clutches to TT members. In the beginning of my dealings with AIM, they wanted the individual dealers to install everything, rather than just sell the kit directly to customers. I think we all took that with a grain of salt, and sold kits directly to those customers we felt would have no problems. That was a few years back, and they have since loosened up on that policy. (They now sell direct on the website) Another interesting thing with AIM, is that the Champion Reverse, and the AIM reverse, were both initially created in Japan, by two cousins, sharing the same ideas and workspace. LOL
If anyone wants any AIM product, let me know, I'll be able to save you a few bucks.

UB

Dave

Need a 70T for C's 2010 Convertible Softail 110" Motor. Let me know when you are about to make an order. Need the softest clutch pull they make to tame this hydraulic clutch for her. Going to put a stock spring in it and get rid of the SE Spring. Don't want her to have Popeye arms by summer.

tank ya

OK Dave, you are on the list. I have one reverse, and three VP-whatevers on there. You still want a stock spring for yours?

UB

Well, dang, now ya tell me you're a AIM dealer. It turned out the local HD dealer is the local AIM dealer here. They have a point system -- 1 point for every $ spent in their store. Since I was a RC in the local HOG chapter last year, I got 1.5 points for each $. Ride points from the local HOG chapter also count. 4000 points can be traded in for $400 in purchase power on what ever we want in the store or that can be ordered. Getting the reverse through them gave me enough points the TG triple tree was only $118, so I guess I came out ok on the deal. Points usually get traded in for more "safety chrome", but the conversion had priority this time! It really turned heads on yesterday's ride when I just slipped it into reverse & backed into the slight upgrade parking spot everyone else was fighting with. :yes:

NM

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png