Sturgis

onebadeagle

Nov 1, 2013
Fredericksburg VA
Just got home from Sturgis, It was a blast did not do alot of downtown drinking, Mostly long day rides to the Badlands, Custer State park, Deadwood, Hulett Wyoming for no panties wednesday then on to Devils Tower. up to Leads for a little Gold Panning, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse monument. and several more places I can't remember. Long ass Drive took our motorhome and hauled Both Trikes. about 3500 miles round trip Plus 1200 miles on trikes while we were there.:Dorag:

Crazy Horse

Is the Crazy Horse monument finished? I've heard its larger in size than Mt Rushmore. Must be an impressive sight.

I believe construction started in the late 40's?

It actually started in 1947 and the only thing complete is the head, working on the outstretched arm now, at this rate it won't be finished for many years but yes it is impressive all done with no government funding.

We took our kids camping to Spearfish in 1992, they sure enjoyed Crazy Horse tour

My daughter got to stand outside with an I Indian Chief while he played a flute for her

Is the Crazy Horse monument finished? I've heard its larger in size than Mt Rushmore. Must be an impressive sight.

I believe construction started in the late 40's?

Something you have to understand about the crazy horse monument?

There is no hurry to finish it because it is a cash cow drawing tourists money by the bucket full every day.

It could have been completed many years ago by a competent engineer and they only set off one blast every year.

Still it is impressive but dont hold breath on it's completion in your lifetime.

Something you have to understand about the crazy horse monument?

There is no hurry to finish it because it is a cash cow drawing tourists money by the bucket full every day.

It could have been completed many years ago by a competent engineer and they only set off one blast every year.

Still it is impressive but dont hold breath on it's completion in your lifetime.

Sounds legit.

The original sculptor has since passed, and his widow & family have taken administrative places on the "board".

Don't know when completion is planned but looking at the artists final rendering, it's not even 1/4 complete today.

A new crane was brought in not long ago, to handle heavy loading tasks associated with the construction.

Maybe that'll speed things along but there is constant geological survey work that seems to consume lots of time between actual work on the stone...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png