No Instrument/Warning Lights

NC Triker

200+ Posts
Jul 9, 2012
Supply, NC
Dropped my 2017 TGU off at the dealer to have the clutch recall done and have the 5K inspection performed. Service manager said it would be ready the next day and he would call me. Wife and I went shopping the next day and I hadn't heard from the SM so we stopped by the dealership. The SM said there was water in my speedometer (I never noticed any water) and they replaced the instrument cluster. After the new instrument cluster was installed the instrument lights and warning lights won't work. SM thought the instrument cluster they had on the shelf was bad and had a guy going to another HD dealer to get another one. Late that afternoon the SM calls me and said the second instrument cluster was doing the same thing and the service technician had my trike hooked up to a computer and the HD techs in Wisconsin were investigating the problem. This is 5 days later and still have not heard from the service manager. Of course this is Sunday and they are closed Monday. I will be there when they open Tuesday. I didn't have any problems when I brought it in but there sure is now.:mad:

Reactions: MDO
Sorry to hear that. It should not be that hard to get a good 1 & replace it.

Keep us posted and Let us know in the clutch recall thread what you think of the clutch operation, post fix.

I like mine.

Got my trike back from the dealer today. Service manager said they had to reprogram the ECM. I am sure this is not the first instrument cluster they have replaced so the technician should have known to do the reprogram. Next time I need work done I may ride the extra 25 mi to another dealer.

Got my trike back from the dealer today. Service manager said they had to reprogram the ECM. I am sure this is not the first instrument cluster they have replaced so the technician should have known to do the reprogram. Next time I need work done I may ride the extra 25 mi to another dealer.

I would have thought the digital tech 2 would have told the tech there was a communication problem between the speedo cluster and the ECM, maybe I think too much:confused:

Reactions: MDO
It used to be when you needed a replacement speedometer on a Harley , The dealer ''Had'' to send the damaged one to Harley...And they would then certify the odometer reading and put that reading on the new one...Guess things have changed...:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png