Victory Trike Questions

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
I have a 2012 Victory CCT that I am considering triking and have a few questions:

1) I have the 5 year extended warranty. If I trike it I assume that the warranty is void?

2) I am concerned about the belt. With the extra weight will the belt hold up? Is it a major job to replace the belt on a trike?

3) What happens to the gas mileage? I had a GL1800 Goldwing that I triked. The mileage went from 40/42 riding 2 up at 70 MPH to 28/30 after triking.

4) Is a rake kit necessary. On the Goldwing I didn't order the rake kit but ended up installing it myself after about 3,000 miles.

5) Anyone install their own kit? I am thinking about CSC or Roadsmith.

6) Any other comments?

Thanks,

Sunman

Yes your warranty will probably be voided by making a trike. I tricked my vegas 8-ball and used the original belt, put a couple thousand miles on it this summer, most of it with my wife on the back, no problems. Fuel mileage went from 45 to 40mpg, I can live with that. Haven't put on a rake kit yet, and may not, it steers very well on decent roads, I am ok with mine so far. I bought the Frankenstein kit made in pleasanton Ks., only about an hour from my home, went over and picked it up at the factory, installed it myself. Took about 8 hours, could do another one in half that time. I am enjoying it, hope this helped.

I went with the Frankenstein because I liked the sporty look, don't care for the trunks even though you can haul a lot of stuff in them. Look at my pictures to see what the 8-ball looks like.

I have a 2012 XC Tour with a CSC kit. I've put over 10,000 miles on it and the belt is fine. I consistently get 34 to 36 mph with a 110 motor built by The Vic Shop (it's really awesome).

Mine has the CSC rake kit. I wouldn't be without it. This summer I was routinely out in front with two BMW sport bikes on an 8 bike, 1500 mile trip around Colorado. I was the only trike and the others couldn't (or wouldn't) keep up.

I think Roadsmith builds a very high quality product and from owners I have talked to and from reading the forums, I believe that owners are quite happy. I believe they specialize in a comfortable ride and that CSC puts the emphasis on handling.

With the Victory/CSC combo, I couldn't be happier!

Thanks Copasetic. I think the CSC trike looks great. One of the reasons that I am leaning towards Roadsmith is I heard that their parts are basically stock auto parts that are available from the auto parts store.

Sunman

I have a 2012 Victory CCT that I am considering triking and have a few questions:

1) I have the 5 year extended warranty. If I trike it I assume that the warranty is void?

2) I am concerned about the belt. With the extra weight will the belt hold up? Is it a major job to replace the belt on a trike?

3) What happens to the gas mileage? I had a GL1800 Goldwing that I triked. The mileage went from 40/42 riding 2 up at 70 MPH to 28/30 after triking.

4) Is a rake kit necessary. On the Goldwing I didn't order the rake kit but ended up installing it myself after about 3,000 miles.

5) Anyone install their own kit? I am thinking about CSC or Roadsmith.

6) Any other comments?

Thanks,

Sunman

I have a 2012 XC Tour with a CSC kit. I've put over 10,000 miles on it and the belt is fine. I consistently get 34 to 36 mph with a 110 motor built by The Vic Shop (it's really awesome).

Mine has the CSC rake kit. I wouldn't be without it. This summer I was routinely out in front with two BMW sport bikes on an 8 bike, 1500 mile trip around Colorado. I was the only trike and the others couldn't (or wouldn't) keep up.

I think Roadsmith builds a very high quality product and from owners I have talked to and from reading the forums, I believe that owners are quite happy. I believe they specialize in a comfortable ride and that CSC puts the emphasis on handling.

With the Victory/CSC combo, I couldn't be happier!

Thanks Copasetic. I think the CSC trike looks great. One of the reasons that I am leaning towards Roadsmith is I heard that their parts are basically stock auto parts that are available from the auto parts store.

Sunman

so SUNMan, what did you do? I agree with COPASETIC I have the CSC which also looks best and flows with Victory lines I have the Vic shop timing wheel and fuel programmer with Lloydz air filter...best combo- also. Belt is great, the super Trap exhaust from CSC sounds great also Trike is a head turner!

Salty,

So far I have not made a decision on triking my XCT or keeping it and getting another trike so that I have both. Trike is for the wife's benefit as she no longer wants to ride on 2 wheels. If I trike it will be either CSC or Roadsmith and currently leaning to CSC.

Thanks,

Sunman

Any "problem" that can be "blamed" on the conversion will, most likely result in a warranty claim denial.
Other claims should continue to be covered.
Variations on that depends on the dealer whom performs the work.
If a Victory dealer does the install, most will honor the warranty by not disclosing the conversion.
Two negatives to consider, there are many dealers that will not work on a trike. Simply because they are not set up to do so. Also, if you travel away from your home dealer/installer you can expect a greater chance of having a warranty claim refused.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png