How to dispose of old drugs

Phu Cat

2250+ Posts
Oct 4, 2011
Ocala, Florida
I'm not an authority on drugs, but thought of this while walking our dog: When your dog leaves his/her dropping on someone's lawn, being the good neighbor that you are, pick it up with a plastic bag but don't tie the bag yet. Carry that plastic bag back home and dump the old drugs you wish to dispose of in the bag and gently squeeze the bag to distribute the old contents throughout the new contents, tie in a knot and toss in the trash. Doubt anyone's gonna want to ingest THAT!

PC

I'm not an authority on drugs, but thought of this while walking our dog: When your dog leaves his/her dropping on someone's lawn, being the good neighbor that you are, pick it up with a plastic bag but don't tie the bag yet. Carry that plastic bag back home and dump the old drugs you wish to dispose of in the bag and gently squeeze the bag to distribute the old contents throughout the new contents, tie in a knot and toss in the trash. Doubt anyone's gonna want to ingest THAT!

PC

I just flush any old drugs down the toilet…👍

Nope, take them to CVS or Walgreens for proper disposal

When my old man passed… first thing the nurse from hospice did is Gadder up all his medication and then she Flushed them …. ⬇️..And that’s what I do ‘This way I know exactly where they go… I trust my toilet not some Guy at Walgreens ..

Interesting subject. Just for giggles, I did a search for the FDA recommended ways to dispose of unused/outdated drugs. ALL the above suggestions are included. Except, the FDA site suggested mixing drugs with cat litter instead of dog poop. But I like P.C.'s idea better. I'm not a cat person..... :) ..... Jim

Recently I went into a local Walgreens and they had a receptacle similar to a a mailbox in the pharmacy area for disposal of old drugs. A cop once told me that if you wanted to do it yourself dump them in a bag full of freshly perked coffee grounds and bury them. With the high price of meds these days I usually dont have any "old drugs"

A cop once told me that if you wanted to do it yourself dump them in a bag full of freshly perked coffee grounds and bury them.

Maybe your cop friend recommended burying old drugs with coffee grounds cuz so many people drink coffee. But coffee grounds sure aren't the deterrent dog poop is!

PC

Things DO change

Several years ago, Popular Mechanics had an article about how to effectively dispose of used motor oil after doing an oil change at home. The instructions were to dig a hole about 6 inches in diameter and a few of feet deep in your back yard. Fill the hole with pebbles. Then just pour your old oil in and cover it with dirt. By the time you needed another oil change all the old oil would be "gone" so you could reuse the hole again and again. :xzqxz: Times change..... :) ..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png