Tire width

Jan 21, 2010
Lowgap, NC
Someone please tell me, What is with the super extra wide rear tires on some trikes, and what is the optimal width of rear end to length of wheel base. To tell you the truth the first thing that comes to mind when I see some of those tires is, Pavement roller.

All are different . mine are 205 CM about 8 1/4 " some are wider 255 or about 9 3/4" Wheel base is about 8' and trike width can be 62" to 54" center of tire to center of tire is about 48" some of the Frankenstein trikes are running 14" wide. I saw a Hyabusa with 15" and looked like a 18" wide rear end they almost touched each other <LOL>

That's why i bought the goodyear assurance rain tire. it had the best looking tread for moving water away from the center.

i have had zero trouble, it has to be wet for me to even be able to spin these tires and they don't spin long and they catch hold.

low, wide,aggressive tread all add up to grip on the road.

I didn't say no burn out's. my trike burns both wheels. you need a little water to get it started. burns best on concrete. leaves a real nice two stripe mark and fish tails a little. :yes::yes:
at some point the tires grab so care is prudent when doing burn out's.

i'm with you, phil. i hate those wide tires and wish all the people with them would just go away and stick with the traditional, boring, skinny wheels that we have. hahaha.

the wide tire thing is a matter of personal preference and style. i'm not fond of skinny rear tires but i'm not on here ranting about people that have pizza cutters on their rides. to each their own. i've been running my meats since the conversion and at just over 30,000 miles i have yet to have any traction control issues and that is including hydroplaning. as long as you do your homework and don't ride like a total tool the chances of the trike doing something unpredictable is minimized. peace...

grimm

Hay Grimm , Love the profile on your trike. Mine runs 295,50,15s . I bought the Valk that was rear ended so I built it the way I wanted. Cut rearend to 36 ins. Handles great in the wet and corners. Got a set of wide rims and am looking at trying some left rear sprint car tires just to see what it looks and handles like. I need to try and post some more pictures. But puter stupid. Again really nice trike, I like it.
Loner

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png