National Park Pass

And now there is talk from the Parks Dept. that at peak times in some of the major parks they will charge a fee even for the lifetime pass, this was in an AARP bulletin I received today.

AARP had to write that months or weeks ago, this is current on web sight:
https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

• $80 lifetime pass, plus a $10 handling fee. An annual senior pass is also available.
  • Please note that the price of the lifetime Senior Pass increased to $80 on August 28, 2017. Also, a new $20 annual Senior Pass became available at the same time. Click HERE for more information regarding the changes in the Senior Pass Program.
  • For U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
  • May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using the application form.
  • Provides entrance or access to pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at Federal operated recreation sites across the country.
  • Photo identification may be required to verify ownership.
  • Passes are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
  • The cost of obtaining a Senior Pass through the mail is ninety dollars ($90). Eighty ($80) for the Senior Pass and ten ($10) for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship. If you cannot order a Senior pass online, you can submit a Paper Application by mail to the USGS using the paper application and enclosing the same documents and $90 fee.
  • May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
  • Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.

Additional Info Golden Access and Golden Age Passports are no longer sold. However, these passes will continue to be honored according to the provisions of the pass.

Recreation Fees vary widely across the thousands of Federal Recreation sites. Please contact specific sites directly for information on what is or is not covered by the passes.

For questions about the pass, contact 1-888-ASK-USGS and press 3. (888-275-8747, option 3), or fedrecpass@usgs.gov

And then in FAQ:

What if I have a current senior pass?

The current passes are lifetime passes and will remain valid.

Will the benefits of my Senior Pass change?

No. All benefits of the current Senior Pass stay the same.

Got mine in person @ Shenandoah Nat Pk. entrance at 62 years & 1 week of age, was $20 total in 2016.

I was camping in a NP and was scheduled to leave on Sunday but my 62nd birthday wasn't until Monday. I talked them into giving me the pass early, if it didn't cover camping for the weekend. I had my grand daughter with me and two of her friends. Before we left on Sunday, they wanted to go on the scenic drive but it was $8 apiece. We tried my new pass and the ticket taker thought I looked too young to qualify for a pass. He checked my ID and was surprised that I really wasn't 62 yet. He just laughed and let us in. That trip alone paid for the $10 lifetime pass.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png