Hello From Minnesota

Jun 18, 2020
Duluth
Hello Trike Talk members. My names Jeff, from northern Minnesota. I began riding bikes on a Briggs and Stratton powered mini bike my grandfather bought for me in the summer between 5th and 6th grade. My first "Motorcycle" followed a year later. A 1971 Honda SL-100. I have never been without a motorcycle since. I am not one to discriminate on brands. I like them all. I do gravitate towards Harley's, though.

My wife and I rode together on my Harley's and Honda's for years. At some point, due to age and strength, I was becoming worried I could no longer balance the bike safety when we stopped and starting out. This was with an Electra Glide. So, a couple years ago my wife was willing to get her license and drive her own bike. She worked very hard towards being a safe motorcyclist, never giving up. My hats off to her and how hard she worked.

Although she never had a serious issue, she was not comfortable in many situations. I was also not comfortable with our arrangement and our safety.

Then my BIL bought a 2015 Indian/Road Smith Trike conversion. We've attended Sturgis together as part of a group yearly, and seeing how comfortable he and my sister were on their trike, and the stress my wife and I were dealing with, we decided to buy my wife a trike. We did so this spring, a 2014 Harley Tri-Glide. We learned quickly we didn't need to continue to be separated if I drove the trike with her, instead of being on my own bike.

It's been an absolute blessing. Both of us enjoy being together on one vehicle. Both of us feel safe on the trike. I still have my bike if I want to go out by myself, too. I haven't ridden it since we bought the trike, though. LOL

So, here I am, happy to be starting a new chapter that allows my wife and I to enjoy our country with the wind in our hair.

Welcome to TT and glad to see you have found a great way to ride together. My wife and i truly love riding our trike together and feel much safer on 3 wheels. By the way we are in SE ND.

Thank you rhino 2 and GrandpaDave. GrandpaDave, I just love the Dakota's. I had my own semi truck as an owner operator for may years and had a dedicated route with Target corp from the Twin Cities, delivering to their store in Aberdeen SD 3 times a week from '98 to '02. Not sure where you are in SE ND, but I spent 3 nights a week in Summit SD at the "Coffee Cup" truck stop for nearly 4 years. Beautiful country! That couldn't have been too far south of you.

Plain scary in the wintertime though, with the open plains, snow and wind that never stops. LOL.

I've heard a joke that all the trees in the Dakotas would fall over if the wind ever stopped.

Thanks again, both of you, for the welcome.

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania. You will not look back Congratulations... :good: Ride safe Fred

Welcome To TT!

Thank you rhino 2 and GrandpaDave. GrandpaDave, I just love the Dakota's. I had my own semi truck as an owner operator for may years and had a dedicated route with Target corp from the Twin Cities, delivering to their store in Aberdeen SD 3 times a week from '98 to '02. Not sure where you are in SE ND, but I spent 3 nights a week in Summit SD at the "Coffee Cup" truck stop for nearly 4 years. Beautiful country! That couldn't have been too far south of you.

Plain scary in the wintertime though, with the open plains, snow and wind that never stops. LOL.

I've heard a joke that all the trees in the Dakotas would fall over if the wind ever stopped.

Thanks again, both of you, for the welcome.

Hi Jeff,

Here's a BIG SD WELCOME to you and your wife. You don't have to feel bad at becoming a "triker because it eventually happens to the best of us. For the majority of us, it was/is an age think. In my case, it was that, plus a medical thing, for I had a stroke in 2008. But the important thing is that you both decided to keep your "faces in the wind" and believe in our motto: "FREE TO BE ME, RIDING ON THREE"!

May I take this opportunity to personally invite you and your wife to consider attending our 2020 6th Annual Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally, July 12th - 17th, in the historic town of Deadwood SD. Going to our rally's website http://www.d3wr.com will give you further details about the rally and where you can pre-register on line. Hope to see you there.

pmar6004
D3WR Poster.jpg

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

As a plus, all the hard work your wife put in to get her motorcycle license doesn't have to go to waste, I always wondered what I'd do if on a trip and something happened and I couldn't ride the trike home ... :Shrug: ... I once slipped on ice while on a trip driving my truck. Tore my back up and could hardly walk. I was, after a couple hours of taking pain meds and resting (went to an er), able to get into the truck, and drive home. No way that would have happened on the trike.

In a tough time, even just you are really tired, your wife could drive and you could rest ... Win Win.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png