Fork mounted air baffle available?

Reaction score
I've been trying to search through Harleys P&A site, as well as the forums, to find a fork mounted air baffle (the "dog dish" thats on the 2 wheelers), and all I've been seeing is custom extensions to mount the dog dish so it doesnt interfere with the steering stabilizer....Is there a factory-made option I'm not finding? And, if not...can anyone who has made one help out by providing a pic or two and some measurements? I'm used to having one on my old bikes, and without it, my beard flies up into my eyes :AGGHH:

Thanks to all who can help either way ThumbUp

I've been trying to search through Harleys P&A site, as well as the forums, to find a fork mounted air baffle (the "dog dish" thats on the 2 wheelers), and all I've been seeing is custom extensions to mount the dog dish so it doesnt interfere with the steering stabilizer....Is there a factory-made option I'm not finding? And, if not...can anyone who has made one help out by providing a pic or two and some measurements? I'm used to having one on my old bikes, and without it, my beard flies up into my eyes :AGGHH:

Thanks to all who can help either way ThumbUp

I know there is someone that makes a wing that has a similar effect.

Also, a tank lift reduces the amount of air coming over the top of the tank. Many notice much less air hitting their chest and moving upward.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...on-thread/page4?highlight=Tank+Lift+buffeting

Kevin

I have the fork fangs on my 2014. I'll try to find the place I bought them from. They were made for the earlier trikes, & I had to modify the way they mount, But it was no big deal.

Do a search for Street Glide Wind Deflectors. They have a fork mounted baffle that is larger than the old "dish" one. They also have fork mounted wind deflectors.

Thanks for all the tips everybody! Might have to consider the tank lift & fork fangs. I was considering making a drop bracket to mount a dog dish, but it seems like a bunch of effort when there's (what appears to be) several viable options out there

Thor,

Take a look over at HDForums.com there was a thread there for a bracket to mount the fork dish that would allow it to clear the fork stabilizer.

I did this mod on my '12 TriGlide and it worked. The '14 and newer don't have the same lower fork mount to allow this MOD.

As DK Custom said the tank lift also work well in stopping the air coming up from the bottom of the tank.

Thor,

Take a look over at HDForums.com there was a thread there for a bracket to mount the fork dish that would allow it to clear the fork stabilizer.

I did this mod on my '12 TriGlide and it worked. The '14 and newer don't have the same lower fork mount to allow this MOD.

As DK Custom said the tank lift also work well in stopping the air coming up from the bottom of the tank.

Do remember what section it's in Postal? I'm searching now (member there as well, under same screen name).

Thor,..... I got lost? What are you looking for? What year is your Trike?

Later, eighty80.:confused:

Thor,..... I got lost? What are you looking for? What year is your Trike?

Later, eighty80.:confused:

No worries, happens to me more than I'd like to admit :xzqxz:

My op was asking if the fork-mounted air baffle (the "dog dish" that's popular on the touring bikes) was available on the trike models (thee dish wont fit without some type of adapter due to the steering stabilizer). My GG is a 2012.

This be the doohickey I was talking about.
$(KGrHqR,!hQFBocch14jBQqoQuYjr!--60_35.JPG

Oh ok now I get it.

I have a 2012 Trike. I use the fork "fangs" and a triple tree "baffle".

It's 4am so I can't remember the guys name who I bought it from, but what I understand he doesn't make them anymore.

The baffle fit and cleared everything, and works well. It is a well thought out and simple design.

I'll look through my paperwork sometime if it will help you to make something?

Oh ok now I get it.

I have a 2012 Trike. I use the fork "fangs" and a triple tree "baffle".

It's 4am so I can't remember the guys name who I bought it from, but what I understand he doesn't make them anymore.

The baffle fit and cleared everything, and works well. It is a well thought out and simple design.

I'll look through my paperwork sometime if it will help you to make something?
You might be thinking of Dennis Swan... t-Glide stuff :Shrug::Shrug:

Dennis at TGlide Stuff used to make them. I have one along with the fork deflectors he used to make also. He no longer makes them but someone else he knows took over the manf. of them. I will see if I can find out who. They work great and completely eliminate any air coming over the top of the tank. That wind is deflected down and around the motor instead of up your nose. I have bugs fly around between my face and the windshield at 75 mph, it is such a breeze free area.

I would like to know if anyone is using the baffle from Street Glide Wind Deflectors? Not the fork mounted deflectors, the baffle that parallels the stabilizer.

Dennis at TGlide Stuff used to make them. I have one along with the fork deflectors he used to make also. He no longer makes them but someone else he knows took over the manf. of them. I will see if I can find out who. They work great and completely eliminate any air coming over the top of the tank. That wind is deflected down and around the motor instead of up your nose. I have bugs fly around between my face and the windshield at 75 mph, it is such a breeze free area.

If you could find out who, that would be outstanding!

If you read through the entire HD Forum link, there is a post from Dennis that says Randy from Street Glide Wind Deflectors took over the manufacture.

I missed Postal's last post....I'll go through the link. Thanks Postal!

Thor, I found the link for the adapter:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...g-adaptor-plate-for-hd-front-fork-baffle.html

He even has a printout of the dimensions. When I made mine out of aluminum I also had it powder coated (just a personal preference).

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png