I'm thinking this would be a kewl rig

I’t’s tall with a wide, flat face...

May as well get an enclosed trailer... I can’t believe the weight... with 2 axles and a plywood floor. I’d get it weighed to prove it.

Don’t forget you add the weight of the trike To the trailer weight...plus whatever else you would throw inside of it to haul around. You sure the jeep could pull it? What kind of gas mileage and braking distance would it cost you with that tall, flat face and weight?

Looks cool but if your thinking what I think you are I would suggest an enclosed.More room for you and you could have room for a tv and few luxuries.

I’t’s tall with a wide, flat face...

May as well get an enclosed trailer... I can’t believe the weight... with 2 axles and a plywood floor. I’d get it weighed to prove it.

Don’t forget you add the weight of the trike To the trailer weight...plus whatever else you would throw inside of it to haul around. You sure the jeep could pull it? What kind of gas mileage and braking distance would it cost you with that tall, flat face and weight?

A) it has a V nose

B) it's axle's have a 3500# weight limit, so 7000# max weight ... my jeep, being diesel can tow 7200#

At 1200# for the Tri, not gonna come anywhere here that ... guessing max 5K#, but yes, a certified weight would be part of any deal.

I see the v nose inside the trailer but I honestly can NOT see a v nose on the front of it on the outside.... its flat....just like the earth:)

Looks cool but if your thinking what I think you are I would suggest an enclosed.More room for you and you could have room for a tv and few luxuries.

Kind of coming to a similar conclusion ... If I went with a 7/16 enclosed trailer, I could outfit the very front V nose with some drawers, refrigerator, sink, porta potty, etc. I have built some really comfy van's in my time (back in the 70's when that was a thing ... so I could outfit an enclosed trailer in such a way that I could remove the trike and have a very comfortable "RV" once the trike is removed. I could also, just put the futon on the front floor area for those times when I just needed to sleep ... much like Kevin in his toy hauler. Wouldn't be luxurious, but, it would be doable.

The reason I am looking into maybe going this route is that I have a refrigerator (don't ask ... suffice to say the magic garage has lots of stuff), sink, porta potty, stove, and many other "camping" items that would make this route very inexpensive to convert.

I think what made this particular rig very appealing was it's uniqueness ... :D

Evidently!!

Ahhh... see it now... had to go back and enlarge the pic to see the relation of the hitch to the front of the trailer...yes indeedy - a vnose it is!

It's okay, happens to all of us ... part of that "golden years" thing ... we love you anyway ... :D

This is an option as well ... waiting for some "info" from the seller ... actual dimensions, weight, etc. The seller is asking a bit more than I think it's worth, but, if it would work for me, he might come down some.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

This is going to be a process ... finding the right rig for the right price and then making it into what I want ... if it happens at all ... another option, I'd really like to find an alumina tk1 and just crash in the jeep back end. Although my trailer is mechanically sound, it's old (1998) and looks pretty terrible ... I'm about function and not pretty ... you've seen my rides :D ... I like the Tk1 after seeing Paw's because rust isn't an issue, the ramp is well stored not sticking up like a billboard and it's very light. Talk about being about function.

We had friends that did exactly what you are thinking. They had a 2-wheel Gold Wing at the time. Worked well for a while and then the exciting newness of the adventure began to wear off.

The “comfort-convenience” thing began to kick in.... got tired of no windows to look out of while sitting inside watching it rain, tired of dumping/cleaning the porta-potty, tired of constantly organizing things for either the sit-still-camping-mode or the -pack-arrange-for-travel-mode.

They sold it a year later and bought a genuine toy-hauler. This was when the toy-haulers first came on the market. They kept the toy-hauler until the end. I was always a little jealous of the toy-hauler...it was neato-mosquito. We looked and looked at all kinds of options to come up with something similar that wouldn’t break the bank...buying the big truck to pull the big trailer was $$$ not in reach... or so we thought... ended up ordering a new, custom-built 36’ Class A slide-out motorhome...pulled the bikes on a trailer behind it or the little manual “hoochie” (Geo-Tracker).

Moral of the story?? Don’t waste your time and effort on “make-do” if you REALLY, REALLY don’t want to clean out that port-a-potty! There’s LOTS and LOTS of used and new toy-haulers out there.

About that TK1– - you know where to find one...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png