Can someone tell us the HISTORY of Trike talk ?

Reaction score
Most of us NEWER guys and girls would like to hear how this site all started and how it became such a BIG information site. A little history from the guys who have been here since the start. Plus some pictures of the early posters and some thoughts. Thanks Rick AKA Rollin Thunder ThumbUp

The owner/administrator of this site is Bazooka (Randy) He was in the hospital in the fall of 2007 and had the vision. He wanted to establish a FRIENDLY non confrontational site for trikes. He was in the conversion business and wanted to give people a place to go for help and companionship. There were gatherings almost right from the beginning. The first couple of years the site was fairly small, then trikes got popular. I suspect Randy's creation was a small contribution to that and as they say the rest is history. The Trike Talk get together is now a big gathering every year and there are several regional get together s. If you want more info then this general PM Bazooka he is a real friend and he might give you more detail then this. Randy is Mr. Trike

I'm in Kerrville Texas at the moment at our Texas Hill Country gathering so I cant post much at the moment, but when I get back home I will add to this thread.

If you would like to know who the older members are ... slide your mouse over to their screen name on the left. let the mouse hover. You will see a popup in the bottom left corner. It will have their member number listed. The lower the number the older their membership is.

Such as... mine is 1623

Hey Wiz...I can't seem to find my member number on my iPad. Can you tell me what mine is? Thanks!

i just tried that hover over the name trick but all i get is wether the person is online or not.. even tried a few other topics and same.. <br />
what am i doing wrong

i just tried that hover over the name trick but all i get is wether the person is online or not.. even tried a few other topics and same..

what am i doing wrong

Hover over the name then look at BOTTOM LEFT of screen for the info... for example you are member number 8641. The "online thing" is at the TOP left where your curser is.

I guess it will not work on the I pad or I phone. Can't find it either.

John... you are 162

- - - Updated - - -

For all of you guys that can't hover a mouse... click on your profile. Your ID number will be in the HTTP header

Such as http://www.triketalk.com/forum/members/1623-Mr-Wizard

WOW ! 15408 is my number ThumbUp

- - - Updated - - -

i just tried that hover over the name trick but all i get is wether the person is online or not.. even tried a few other topics and same..

what am i doing wrong

Your # is 8641

Hover over the name then look at BOTTOM LEFT of screen for the info... for example you are member number 8641. The "online thing" is at the TOP left where your curser is.

I get nothing on BOTTOM LEFT of screen. Tried it a dozen times.

- - - Updated - - -

I get nothing on BOTTOM LEFT of screen. Tried it a dozen times.

Never mine it found it ........duh.

Rollin' Thunder asked about about the early members on this site. I guess I qualify, I joined in Feb of 2008 (Has it been that long already!?) I don't see that anyone has mentioned that rught under your avatar pic it shows your join date.

I was lurking on the GWRAA forum, back before they closed the board to non-members, and saw a post about a new trike based website. If I remember correctly, the post was by Pizzaman, I believe he is better known here as 1800 06 Champion Trike. I visited and joined right away. My number is apparently 101.

We have been triking since 1993 when we got a 1991 Trike Shop V-Cycle Runabout VW based trike with an auto transmission. We had a 1990 GW1500 Motor Trike at the time, and now a GW1800 Champion. Also ride 2 wheels. I don't post a lot, but I joined hoping I could help some new riders, and knowing I can always learn from another's point of view no matter what thier experience. Also met some great folks here. I can honestly say I haven't met anyone through Trike Talk I didn't like.

I joined in 2009. Didn't know anything about Trikes and less about computers. Drove NANA crazy with questions and mistakes, but she corrected and answered everyone. Sure miss her being here everyday all day. RIDE SAFE

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png