• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Indian w sidecar in the near future.

Indian , Harley, Honda, Ford,Dodge Chev, even some lawn mowers now. They are all great now days . They run and run but when the magic smoke comes out of the electronics you are in a jam. Been getting more and more like that every year. We get more trouble free miles out of them all now. Old school is a myth. But when they need some of the services done they got you.

Yep. They don't say a thing about how to check for possible sources of leaks for that magic smoke either. It's top secret. And you may never see it. But once it leaks out, as you say, they got you. We would never think of putting 100k or 200k or 300k on a bike back in the 50's but we are there now. So we are stuck taking to good with the bad. Problem with the new Indians is their warranty comes from Polaris which is known for poor warranty claim service. I wish it had been ANY other company that brought Indian back but it is what it is. These new bikes are rock solid........until they aren't. Then you are at the mercy of mother P.:(:Depressed::Crap:

Yep. They don't say a thing about how to check for possible sources of leaks for that magic smoke either. It's top secret. And you may never see it. But once it leaks out, as you say, they got you. We would never think of putting 100k or 200k or 300k on a bike back in the 50's but we are there now. So we are stuck taking to good with the bad. Problem with the new Indians is their warranty comes from Polaris which is known for poor warranty claim service. I wish it had been ANY other company that brought Indian back but it is what it is. These new bikes are rock solid........until they aren't. Then you are at the mercy of mother P.:(:Depressed::Crap:

Older post but sir you are so right on Polaris warranty, they stuck it to Victory buyers and they darn sure will stick it to indian buyers.

Hypothetically and rhetorically....

Hypothetically;

You own stock in a Motorcycle Manufacturing Company and they can make much more money for them and their stock holders [You] if they started Manufacturing Sneakers ,But to do that they will have to first dump their Motorcycle line....

Rhetorically;

Then When they send you a proxy to vote Yea Or Nay on making more money...

How would you vote...

Me i would vote , I'll take mine in an Ten and a Half....:D

Hypothetically;

You own stock in a Motorcycle Manufacturing Company and they can make much more money for them and their stock holders [You] if they started Manufacturing Sneakers ,But to do that they will have to first dump their Motorcycle line....

Rhetorically;

Then When they send you a proxy to vote Yea Or Nay on making more money...

How would you vote...

Me i would vote , I'll take mine in an Ten and a Half....:D

Polaris screwed the pouch on Victory. Not honoring warranty, no parts, lack of places for service ect. Motley Fool was heavily invested in Polaris focused on Victory. They had hoped by bad press and other tactics they could take the HD market. It failed they lost their butts. Polaris was backed in a corner. Motley Fool is back at the same game with Indian now.

As all those Victory owners that purchased bikes and got stuck, when Polaris knew they were shutting it down. Victory is worth about scrap price now.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png