Riders back rest mount ????

White Knight 04

TOI - Pennsylvania
Reaction score
I have a 08 Ultra with a Gladiator kit and need to mount my riders backrest... Do any of you guys have a picture of a mount for a trike that I could fabricate one... I have a buddy that can make anything, I am sure he could make me one.... But we need a Idea or picture to go off of for a Idea of what they look like....I have seen that motor trike makes them for $50.00 but from what I understand there is about 10 dollars in material involved....So we have plenty of steel laying around and a plasma cutter and drill press so if we can get the dimensions we will fabricate !!!! Thanks for any input ahead of time.....

I have the mount and backrest but no where under the seat to mount it to it is open under the seat I can see my rear end and axles.... I have seen a mount somewhere that bolts behind the battery and is shaped something like a cutting board with the handle or grill shape and bolts to a cross bar on the back of the frame... Confused ?? it is a flat piece of steel that is bent kinda like the regular fender mount for the flht and the regular fender mount bolts to this piece of steel !!!

If you go to Harley:
Smooth Style Leather Rider Backrest Kit | Harley-Davidson USA
Fits '88-later Touring models (except Trike) equipped with one-piece slotted seat.

The bolt pattern is the same as where the passenger grip rack goes. The little front strap goes down to the existing bolt hole.
Fits '09-later Touring models (except Trike).
I have the mount and backrest but no where under the seat to mount it to it is open under the seat I can see my rear end and axles.... I have seen a mount somewhere that bolts behind the battery and is shaped something like a cutting board with the handle or grill shape and bolts to a cross bar on the back of the frame... Confused ?? it is a flat piece of steel that is bent kinda like the regular fender mount for the flht and the regular fender mount bolts to this piece of steel !!!

I see, by searching the Harley parts on line, your dilemma. Someone at HD must have been napping! There is no listing for a rider backrest for a Tri-Glide.:Shrug:

I'm kinda at a impasse need to see the mount that the riders back rest mount mounts to!!!!! There is no way of attaching the regular mount to a fender or anything just air.... There has to be something to mount the backrest bottom on !!!! I have the bracket with the holes in it that was mounted to my ultras back fender but nothing but air to mount it to ...

I have the HD adjustable backrest on my 09 TriGlide. I took it off my 09 Ultraclassic and bolted it to the bolts holding the passenger backrest. The single (forward facing) bolt position does not currently bolt to anything, I need to fab a little brace to accomodate it, but I've got about 2000 miles on this setup with now issues.

I went out and took a couple of Photos of my setup:

I had the HD adjustable riders back rest mounted on my '09 TG untell I put a mustang (with back rest) on the '09. Here are a couple pictures of the HD's adjustable back rest mounted on my '09. The front part of the bracket I replace the two bolts holding the Bank Angle Sensor (BAS) with two longer bolts plus two 1" spacers. The spacer you can get at any hardware store. If you go this rout be sure to clamp the BAS or put a wedge under the sensor other wise the sensor will drop down and you'll have a hard time getting it back. Hope this helps.
Butch

I think what WK04 is sayin is that where we have threaded bolt holes under our seats, he has no sheet metal whatsoever(?) WK04, can you post a picture of the area you're talkin about?

I say break out the welder and metal and fabricate your own mounts. All you need is time and a idea and you can do whatever you set out to do

You are right Boom!!! But good old back yard ingenuity prevailed and I made it work by fabricating my own mount (witch works very good) ...Will post pictures later ...

I had the HD adjustable riders back rest mounted on my '09 TG untell I put a mustang (with back rest) on the '09. Here are a couple pictures of the HD's adjustable back rest mounted on my '09. The front part of the bracket I replace the two bolts holding the Bank Angle Sensor (BAS) with two longer bolts plus two 1" spacers. The spacer you can get at any hardware store. If you go this rout be sure to clamp the BAS or put a wedge under the sensor other wise the sensor will drop down and you'll have a hard time getting it back. Hope this helps.
Butch

This was my same route to mounting my Ultra backrest on my TriGlide. It worked great and only cost $1.89 for the two longer bolts and spacers.:yes:

I have a 08 Ultra with a Gladiator kit and need to mount my riders backrest... Do any of you guys have a picture of a mount for a trike that I could fabricate one... I have a buddy that can make anything, I am sure he could make me one.... But we need a Idea or picture to go off of for a Idea of what they look like....I have seen that motor trike makes them for $50.00 but from what I understand there is about 10 dollars in material involved....So we have plenty of steel laying around and a plasma cutter and drill press so if we can get the dimensions we will fabricate !!!! Thanks for any input ahead of time.....

Use your stock mounting (same as the 08).

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png