Trike Trailer

Nana

Reaction score
A couple of you mentioned recently that you were looking for a trailer to haul your trike....
I saw this trailer on display at a local HD dealer this weekend. It is designed to easily hold the triglide or most other trikes. Obviously they also make trailers for 2-wheelers too. Looked to be pretty well built, though I did note it has minimal rock guard protection at the front of the trailer, which is something I wanted for mine. I very much liked that it can be positioned for very easy ride on/off loading at an angle that would prevent most tail pipe dragging!

Droptailtrailers - Motorcycle Trailers, Motorcycle, ATV, UTV & Utility Powersport "Combo" Trailers

I bought one of these trailers and it is great. Especially the fold it up and stand it on end in the garage. It takes up a little more room than my old single bike Kendon. As far as the tail pipe dragging, well if you can get the front of the car down just a little the pipes will not drag however if you are on level road the pipes WILL drag (on a HD Triglide). I just ordered a kit to raise the rear of my triglide and level it out. I keep backing into curbs, driveway dragging and dragging loading and unloading on the trailer if on flat ground.

It is a great trailer and pulls very well.

The Droptail trailer is, in my opinion the best trailer out there. I have three wheel cocks on my unit as I load either my 02 GL1800/motortrike or two heavey weight cruisers. They are not cheap, but they are also not the most expensive trailers available. Mine will be the last trailer I will ever need. If you plan on trailering a lot, they are hard to beat.

Here is my solution for draging pipes, I use it on my current trailer. Get one of those adjustable hitch deals that goes in the receiver, the attachment for the ball can be moved up or down to make the hitch more level with the trailer. Then mount the ball to the highest possible position, this will raise the front of the trailer and lower the rear making the ramp have less slope. After the trike is loaded, unhitch from the tow vehicle and change the receiver and ball to the one you want to tow with and hook your trailer back up. Take the other receiver with you to use when unloading. I didn't even tighten the bolts on mine since I don't use it to tow with, that way its easier to adjust to the desired height, you could even use pins instead of bolts. Works for me.

I bought one of these trailers and it is great. Especially the fold it up and stand it on end in the garage. It takes up a little more room than my old single bike Kendon. As far as the tail pipe dragging, well if you can get the front of the car down just a little the pipes will not drag however if you are on level road the pipes WILL drag (on a HD Triglide). I just ordered a kit to raise the rear of my triglide and level it out. I keep backing into curbs, driveway dragging and dragging loading and unloading on the trailer if on flat ground.

It is a great trailer and pulls very well.

I just put a kit from Trike stuff and its great

I just received a response from the company. The trailer will only accept trikes that 'do not' exceed 106 inches. That leaves my Valkyrie out. I'm just over that length.

I have a enclosed 7 x 14 single axle trailer that I use for Winter storage area for my deck and patio stuff and then use it in the Summer for the trike. Works out well and is there if needed for anything.

Attachments

• 11-2010 039.jpg
    11-2010 039.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 201
I have a enclosed 7 x 14 single axle trailer that I use for Winter storage area for my deck and patio stuff and then use it in the Summer for the trike. Works out well and is there if needed for anything.

Your trailer is exactly what I've been considering. At present, I just can't justify the expense for the amount of times I need to trailer the trike. If I could think of an alternate use for it like you did, then maybe I could see buying one.

I've been watching a real nice 7 X 12 located in Georgia. Fully finished inside for just under $5,000.00

We'll see,,,.

I have a enclosed single axle 6 x 14 foot trailer with a side door and back entrance door. Two windows with one on each side and a full pull out awning for camping etc. Will sell for $3000.00

I have a enclosed single axle 6 x 14 foot trailer with a side door and back entrance door. Two windows with one on each side and a full pull out awning for camping etc. Will sell for $3000.00

That's pretty close to what I'm looking for. The one I have my eye on is slightly wider and it's a tandem axle. Thanks for mentioning yours. Hope it sells for you.

Can i get by with a 6 foot wide enclosed trailer for my tri glide , ive been told i need a 7 foot . Live on gravel road so i haul it a mile to hard surface road then ride it. That is what im going to do anyway.

I think you need a 7.If you don't mind me asking why are you not riding itto the paved road? RIDE SAFE

It gets very dusty if i do . When i had my ultra i did , could do it about 3 times then it needed washed. We have been in droughts and roads are very dusty,plus the 3 wheels kicks up more dust.

That makes sense to me.I would rather wash three cars than to wash Pearl.RIDE SAFE

I just put a kit from Trike stuff and its great

:Shrug:
Could you be more specific as to the website name and the name of the kit you are using?

I googled trikestuff and came up with trikestuff.com which is children's tricycles. Of course there was a bunch more other websites listed with the word trike in them.

Thanks!

I recently bought a 6'4" x 12' landscape trailer for my 09RSV/Hannigan trike combo. Previously I used a 5x10' lamndscape trailer that worked great for my 05 Tri-Winged trike. But the Hannigan was too wide for it thus requiring the next size up. Cost was just over $1100 after taxes.
Larry

Larry, I have the same problem now with the Hannigan. My 5x10 landscape trailer is to narrow and short. I thought about cutting the sides behind the wheels but then she still would of not worked as most of the weight would be close to or behind the axel. So I'm looking for a 6x12 and most are priced around what you paid. Also I started the Aux tank install today. So far so good. Good luck with your new conversion. pepper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png