i asked my insurance co for a quote on my bike
with a csc trike kit. they asked if i had a tiltster
suspension . had never even heard of it. looked it
up and -very interesting. company is out of texas

Irv, I hope the quote they gave you was for the CSC kit as an add on assessory. If they considered it a trike like the Slingshot, etc the quote may be considerably higher. Good luck, insurance companies are tricky critters.

The Tiltster is intriguing.

so, does yours ride like a dream? had momma out
on it yet? reverse up to your expectations. sure
does look nice.

wont be buying the tilster. havent figured out if i want
to spend all that money. waiting till the csc truck shows
up in litchfield il in may. they give discount voucher also.
less than 500 miles round trip.

Interesting question from the insurance company asking about whether it had the tiltster suspension. Wonder why they asked that and whether it would be more to insure vs a regular fixed suspension trike kit. The Tiltster was just featured on Jay Leno's garage TV show and video series and I'm sure it has gotten a lot of attention.

Are you taking about Mystery Trikes out of Dallas Tx...?
Those are not reverse leaning trikes, They are standard two wheels in the back leaning trikes .

so, does yours ride like a dream? had momma out

on it yet? reverse up to your expectations. sure

does look nice.

wont be buying the tilster. havent figured out if i want

to spend all that money. waiting till the csc truck shows

up in litchfield il in may. they give discount voucher also.

less than 500 miles round trip.

Based on the 20 mi experience from the shop to home I'm all smiles. I have to wait for the wx to break on Sun. to form a more detailed evaluation. My guess is that it's only going to get better with experience, tinkering with the shock preloader, etc.

My bride wants me to get more comfortable with the switch to 3 wheels before adding the distraction of having her on the back. She has leg and back issues so she's not sure she'll be comfortable for any distance. I did show her the "How to mount a Trike" method, we'll see. I'm thinking sometime next week she'll make the leap.

Now that I have the operational advice from CSC (via ol' school) on how to use reverse I like it. Using the brake pedal to control the reverse speed makes it a fine vs a course control if you kick the reverse in and out by hitting and releasing the starter button. Using the brake pedal for reverse control takes a bit of getting used to like when you learned to use the clutch on a stick shift car. Easy but it does take a bit of practice. There's a huge difference between the Honda Wing reverse. The Honda is really slow, the CSC for Kawi will get your attention.

Let us know what the discount certificate is worth. I would guess it will be similar to the discounts offered at Christmas and 4th of July.

They gave away an EZ Steer kit (you still have to pay labor costs) this past Christmas. BTW their steering kit puts another 7.8 deg. of rake on the front wheel.

Thanks for the appearance compliment. :)

iu

Like to see a comparison to the reverse leaning concept. Does this thing handle like a bike or trike though?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting question from the insurance company asking about whether it had the tiltster suspension. Wonder why they asked that and whether it would be more to insure vs a regular fixed trike kit. The Tiltster was just featured on Jay Leno's garage TV show and video series and I'm sure it has gotten a lot of attention.

I can find the Tilting Motorworks reverse trike version but not the Tiltster version of Jay Leno's Garage. Do you have a link to that version?

just throw in tiltster in your search. it is the company
out of texas.

if you take a ride at the demo truck, dwight told me
you get a voucher to save 1000. off the kit total.
dont hold me 2 it. there are also 2 susp options coming out
in april that at least 1 trike in daytona has. he said there wont be any spring specials because of thats the busy
part of the year.

http://www.mysterydesigns.com/tiltster.php

Did that but saw nothing related to Jay Leno. But what I did see didn't impress me much. Thought maybe what Bazooka referred to might be more impressive but can't find it.

Jay Leno tested the ''TILTING'' motor works trike made in Washington State...
Not the ''TILTSTER'' from Texas..... The name is kinda confusing....:gah:

I sorta figured it was a mistake but then that's why I asked for a link since all I could find was Tilting Motor Works in Jay Leno's Garage and nothing there about the Tiltster. I saw the difference. I wasn't confused. I just wanted the link as described.

We visited Mystery two years ago. At that time the tiltster was on hold for revision do to problems. Don't know present status but it looked good

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png