Bug Removal

Tony8

60+ Posts
Nov 29, 2017
Avon,Ohio USA
Looking for a good bug removal product. Don’t always have time to clean bike as often as I should. After about a week the dried on bugs are hard to remove. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I use pledge for everything

On the windshield, bugs come off easily.

On paint, I use it as a detailer.

On windshields, I have used a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogen peroxide .... spray it one ... wait a few seconds wipe them off ... you might do a test on some obscure paint.

I've heard this works well but never tried it because I didn't know the recipe. I almost made a 50/50 mix once by just guessing what it might be but I chickened out. I'm curious now, how long can you store that mixture and it still work? Just wondering if you need to make small batches or if you can make two full bottles by splitting one bottle of the full strength stuff and then store the other bottle.

Lots of good ideas here.

Usually, I have a product in one hand and a pretty clean MicroFiber in other and a second, new, clean MicroFiber tucked in a pocket. I start at one end, work down a side and back along other side back to start point.

I usually just spray the more frontal, more bug killing parts of the trike, with what ever detailer or spray cleaner or spray wax I'm using and let that soak a few minutes, then just wipe / and buff. It's the rare bug who's guts that can resist this.

Bug remover

I swear by Bug Slide

www.bugslide.com

Or

Amazon carries it

I carry a little travel bottle with me. Unless you're riding in South Dakota - then you'll need a 5 gallon bucket of it...at least during Sturgis

I've heard this works well but never tried it because I didn't know the recipe. I almost made a 50/50 mix once by just guessing what it might be but I chickened out. I'm curious now, how long can you store that mixture and it still work? Just wondering if you need to make small batches or if you can make two full bottles by splitting one bottle of the full strength stuff and then store the other bottle.

I have a small opaque spray bottle ... lasts about a whole season ... after I get the bugs off, I usually hit the windshield with lemon pledge.

Bought some of that F11 Top Coat at Sturgis this year and that stuff is something else. I coated the whole bike when I got home including the windshield. Bugs, just a spritz of the F11 and the bugs wipe off with a gentle wipe with a miracle fabric rag.

8~\o

Nothing better nothing

Put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle spray any part of your bike with bugs. Windshield ,paint, fender bras bugs bubble up and are easily wiped away. I have used this for years and I am extremely protective of my paint and finish .

it works and a large bottle is under a dollar.

Looking for a good bug removal product. Don’t always have time to clean bike as often as I should. After about a week the dried on bugs are hard to remove. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I've found a product called Bug Slide. Just spray it on, let sit for a minute and wipe off using a microfiber cloth. I've seen it a several dealerships here in Minnesota. Or you can purchase it from Law Abiding Biker (LAB). LAB is run by law enforcement officers in Washington.

Put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle spray any part of your bike with bugs. Windshield ,paint, fender bras bugs bubble up and are easily wiped away. I have used this for years and I am extremely protective of my paint and finish .

it works and a large bottle is under a dollar.

That's the problem, only cost a buck, can't be to good! Ha I've been using it for many many years.

That's the problem, only cost a buck, can't be to good! Ha I've been using it for many many years.

My guess is some of these expensive bug removal sprays are 90% hydrogen peroxide with a little of there own stuff to call it there’s and put that big $$ on it.

Wish my fellow cyclist would try this stuff sure made life easier.

R

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png