Champion Mechanical Reverse

klkordzi

Aug 4, 2019
Arnol, Penna, USA
I just bought from an HD dealer a 2006 Ultra that has a California Sidecar kit installed. The bike also has a Champion mechanical reverse installed but the shift lever won't engage, the dealer disclosed this at the time of the sale and reduced the price. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I would start trying to figure out what is wrong. Lastly, when I say the lever won't engage, I can't move it at all. From what I understand you push the lever in and then up but it will only move very very slightly.

Kevin.......Welcome to Trike -Talk.......:wave4:...

.I'm sure someone will chime in with help..

'''''''''''Pappa Zook??

....I had the Moto-trike reverse and that only moved a half inch or less to get it in or out of reverse...

But that is a different setup than the champion....

kevin welcome aboard. sounds like to me that you will have to remove the cover to see what has come loose inside that is preventing the lever from moving.

I intend on replacing the clutch and clutch cable in the spring so I was planning on looking into this then. I think I was just trying to see if anyone else had run into this problem and what it ended up being.

I just bought from an HD dealer a 2006 Ultra that has a California Sidecar kit installed. The bike also has a Champion mechanical reverse installed but the shift lever won't engage, the dealer disclosed this at the time of the sale and reduced the price. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I would start trying to figure out what is wrong. Lastly, when I say the lever won't engage, I can't move it at all. From what I understand you push the lever in and then up but it will only move very very slightly.

Give me a call and I will help you trouble shoot the problem.

346-800-7946

Randy

champion reverse

Make sure clutch is engaged when using lever and that clutch cable is adjusted properly.

And still expect some crunch when putting in reverse. Takes some effort to get lever all the way down.

Papa Zook will get u going.

Like i said my Motor Trike was different from the Champion.....But i found that if i put the transmission in neutral push the lever into reverse , And then while holding the clutch in start the engine then ease off the clutch, It backs up with out any crunch.... :Shrug:..

Like i said my Motor Trike was different from the Champion.....But i found that if i put the transmission in neutral push the lever into reverse , And then while holding the clutch in start the engine then ease off the clutch, It backs up with out any crunch.... :Shrug:..

Neutral Nirvana does not exist on my 98 Ultra.

David, don't know what "early" is, but I have the old Champion reverse and raked trees on my '98. Not much info available on either. Papa Zook or Lee H. Mann would be your best bet. Ken

whats the difference in the set up thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png