Not just tuff, champion tuff!

Yeah if they total it you might not get much. Course you could buy it back. Trike trees are about 300. Tubes I can find you a set for almost nothing.

Tell me more about these tubes+ lower sliders my friend the cost from jp cycles come to $877.00

The best price I have seen on a set of 9 degree triple tree is through our forum administrator at 695.00.
I haven't seen others fit a bike as old as mine for equal money?
There are plenty on ebay that are cheaper but don't have the rake I want. Besides the Hog halter trees I have on mine are a nice quality.

My old glide has a natural 4 degree rake and an additional 5 degree gives it 9 degrees overall.

Come-on now wolf, My luck aint never gone that far?:AGGHH:

They could sell 1000 and I could buy 999 and get burnt!:laugh:

Two of us can't have the same luck. That's my kind of luck. I've yet to even buy a lottery ticket because I know how bad my luck is.

Two of us can't have the same luck. That's my kind of luck. I've yet to even buy a lottery ticket because I know how bad my luck is.

1507112_10204143604092384_7707782237088590890_n.jpg
I've never bought one either, I'm afraid I would get addicted to it and im allergic to all such things, I always seem to break out in handcuffs!

the cost of poker has really gone up

The estimates for the paint and mechanical repair come up to just under $6,000.00 fer chrise sake!:AGGHH:

The estimates for the paint and mechanical repair come up to just under $6,000.00 fer chrise sake!:AGGHH:

Well the numbers may be on your side if they value it correctly. Usually anything more than 80% is a total. But then again that's on cars. Bikes are probably different. Depends on how you wanna go and how much you can do yourself.

Anything new from the dreaded insurance folks?

Still waitin fuzzy, maybe the end of the week?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the numbers may be on your side if they value it correctly. Usually anything more than 80% is a total. But then again that's on cars. Bikes are probably different. Depends on how you wanna go and how much you can do yourself.

They told me 70% on the bike.
I can do everything but the paint myself. I built this trike and I have allot of old choppers in youth.
They just don't make good old enamel or lacquer paint anymore, thus the high painting costs.
I used to paint every bike I built myself.
When I was a kid we had to do paint from spray cans but I loved those old bikes I built in the tractor shed.

Finally some good news

The insurance company is not going to fight me on fixing my trike and i will have a check next week so i can start resoring my lifeline!

Back to square one!

6-B_zps4971edb4.jpg
doing all the work myself again.

Great news ... and the best news .. you'll know it's done right. You doing the paint too?

That is awesome!

Great to hear.

Man I tell ya, It's frustrating working on my lifeline and fighting insurance at the same time never knowing what's going to happen?
( Allot like my heart troubles?) hmmm?

The adjuster said that the bike is so highly customized that his computer cant evaluate the damage to a degree of solid value. So I do have some wiggle room in there. I think this will be a common problem with repairing a trike?

He says its " to highly customized" but we all know my bike is just typical of any trike conversion.
Any of us who have built one will understand that simple fact?
The deal is (we) have to know just what it's worth and what was and wasn't damaged?

Luckily I had that knowledge, and was able to not settle for less money than what it would require to fix it even though I was afraid I was pushing the envelope so to speak.

If I had to have others do the work it would have been totaled having exceeded the percentage they are required to pay.
Labor would have sent it over the top for sure and that's a sad fact of life!
We who build our own find out what our labor is worth when we face paying others to do repair work.

A conversion on an old bike (has) to be a labor of love.
I have discovered that you can pay someone a whole lot less to do a conversion than what you would have to pay another for a rebuild.

If trike converters were paid at repair rates nobody could afford to convert and would be better off buying a machine with a factory value. expensive as they are to purchase.

Im not doing the paint Fuzzy, Todays paints have outgrown my painting ability and equipment.
Enamel was easy to paint and easy to do custom work with and it was inexpensive. I used to think Lacquer was hard to paint and expensive, now I wish I could still get these two simple inexpensive paints.

The paint company's have jumped on the band wagon with manufacturers in trying to do away with garage mechanics.

I spent days running down an electrical problem on my friends 2011 tri-glide and I can safely assure you that the electronics on new bikes are for shit, most are un-necessary, and a simple time proven method would have been much more efficient, less likely to go wrong and easier to find and fix.
The TSSM module is a perfect case in point even if your bike is not equipped with a security system and anti lock brakes etc?

Replacement cost $150.00 and is just an expensive and confusing turn signal canceler of sorts, designed to confuse the issue and for the most part altogether un-necessary and if you plug it in backward your engine don't start. I read and interpreted the codes, read all I could find on the TSSM (turn signal security module) and replaced it only to find that it was only part of the problem. The codes still read to components affected by the TSSM and so your right back to unplugging and isolating systems trying to find a short the old fashioned way. Labor intensive = $$$$$$$$$ in the dealers pockets.

:AGGHH: Don't even get me started on electronic speed sensors, what the hell was wrong with a simple mechanical cable on the front wheel to measure speed?

What's wrong is that it's less likely to go wrong, that's what's wrong!
:kpzxvq:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:mad:

COME TO THINK OF IT?

IM SURE GOD HIMSELF RIDES A HARLEY WITHOUT ALL THE CONFUSING MODERN ELECTRIC BULLSNAP!

1989 HARLEY DAVIDSON FOREVER!:pepper:

Finally got the insurance money and am in the process of ordering parts

About time I would say?
It makea me a happy boy!:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png