Love Jugs frame mount

molokaimike

150+ Posts
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Love Jugs and they told me that on the 2020 TG that you can't use the frame mount kit. He said that there was too much stuff under the tank and that the kit will not fit. The kit that I have is the right one for the wet head. Has anyone else heard of this.

Don't know about that on to 20. I got the Mity Mites from Zook, couldn't make the frame mt fit on my 16 so went with the horn mt and it works fine so far (7000 miles).

When I got the Frame Mount Kit it also included what's needed to do a Horn Mount Installion. Which I ended up doing, because I didn't feel comfortable or confident to attempt working that close to those coolant lines.

So check your parts to see if you already have what's necessary, should you choose to do a Horn Mount Installation.

I used the horn mount that came with the Mighty Mites. Love Jugs said to send the frame mount kit back and they will refund me. I wanted the frame mount because they said that over time the engine vibration, especially when the engine goes into parade mode at traffic lights would eventually damage the fans. I don't know if anyone has had this happen but I didn't want to take the chance.

I used the horn mount that came with the Mighty Mites. Love Jugs said to send the frame mount kit back and they will refund me. I wanted the frame mount because they said that over time the engine vibration, especially when the engine goes into parade mode at traffic lights would eventually damage the fans. I don't know if anyone has had this happen but I didn't want to take the chance.

I use to have the horn mount with my mighty mites (16 Tri). After replacing two fans for failure and having to repair wiring because of vibration, also wearing thru the wiring, I went to frame mount. No problems since! It's a little trick doing the frame mount but if read the instructions carefully and slide the one strap under the tunnel wiring on the right, every fits like a glove. The frame mount will save lots of headaches down the rode. At least for me it has.

The frame mount is a very tight fit on the Twin Cooled bikes. The M8's do not vibrate nearly as much as the Twin Cam's, so it is really not necessary to use the frame mount on them.

On my 2014 Twin Cooled Twin Cam it would have been better using the frame mount, even though it is a PITA to install, simply because of the vibration.

I've not had a fan motor fail due to vibration, but I have had the rubber isolater fail at about 40K miles. It was a 30 minute job to replace it. That was on a Twin Cam.

With the lesser vibration on an M8 I do not anticipate any failures from the horn mount position.

Kevin

Anybody have any problems removing horn mount from the heads to use the frame mount ? Doesn't mount help to stiffen motor ( if that's the right way to say it ) ? :confused:

Anybody have any problems removing horn mount from the heads to use the frame mount ? Doesn't mount help to stiffen motor ( if that's the right way to say it ) ? :confused:

No problem to remove, just two bolts. The are torque to 40 ft-lbs. It just there to mount the horn only, from what I can see in the service manual.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png